Default Windows Vista Service Pack 2

Should I update my computer to Service pack 2? Any issues with it I should know about?
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

While I agree with the "get Windows 7" post; not everyone can just go out and drop $100+ on a new OS. As far as updating to service pack 2 I personally don't have Vista (Win7 here also), but normally when a new service pack came out I would wait until either a) pc started to run slow due to older .NET framework registries or b) when a newer update for said video card would come out that supported newest service pack. If there is a new game, program, etc that you are wanting to purchase within the next month or so then I would suggest updating so that the programs won't have registry errors, out of date .NET frameworks, etc. Just be sure to check for updates with video card drivers, sound card drivers, and anything else periodically and you should be fine.

Anyway, it seems like it has a lot of outside hardware and software issues it fixes, also some OS fixes that assist in better performance.

So if you don't have the means to just get 7, it seems like an essential upgrade to Vista users.
    Last edited by Outrider; Jun 28, 2011 at 03:33 PM.
    The soon-to-be Steel-type Gym Leader of Ace Trainers United, FC will come along soon.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Get Windows 7

You could probably search around and see if there's any kind of change list or bug fixes for it. I'm sure there's quite a few people who've had experiences with it so far.
    Last edited by Outrider; Jun 28, 2011 at 03:33 PM.

Huh, I still have Service Pack 1 for Vista on my computer, too. I'm not sure what downloading Service Pack 2 would actually do, if anything.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

A few links on Vista SP2:
    Official Microsoft descriptions.
    Here's a PC World article from 2008 outlining SP2 while it was in beta.

I'm not entirely sure if anyone here actually has SP2 for Vista, but it'd be great if anyone could have some input on it. Doesn't seem like it'd be a bad idea, as it seems to cut down on the needed resources to run Vista.

I never had any issues with it. It certainly ran stable enough and was important for the security updates they put in it. There were no compatibility issues that I found.