Thread: Challenge Mode

Default Challenge Mode

So.. all i really know right now is that challenge mode is extremely hard with two people but i was wondering what 2 classes would be best for a 2 man team...

From personal experience, a hunter and a gun-user would be recommended.

A HUcast can definitely dish out damage, but will not be able to use most guns due to low ATA. So perhaps go with a HUcaseal?

A Force is very effective as spells manage to do quite a lot of damage. Unfortunately, a force suffers from low ATA.

Hence, I would recommend one of the following:
    HUcast + RAmar (power + gun-user for puzzles)
    HUcaseal + FOnewearl (FOnewearls have a bonus on simple techs)

BTW, Welcome to PSO-World!
    Focus... and FOCast~

Challenge Mode ...Fanatic Aerilas's Avatar

To play 2P, certainly as non-experience challenge mode players I don't quite recommend what FOCaster said. No offense.

Hucaseal can always use at least 1 of the types of guns that drop in the stage.
    The only stage she can't use the handgun-type weapon is c3 (unless an arm unit drops), c6, c7 (unless an arm unit drops) , c9 (unless an arm unit drops). But in these cases except for c3 she'll be able to use the mechgun-type.
    Therefor you don't quite need a ranger. They have far too low ATP in challenge mode to be of any use. Certainly if you're going for <7hours in 2P gameplay to get Srank.

A force is very useful in quite some stages, but in most of them she will run out of TP far far away from the end of the stage. This is probably the case in c2, c3, c4, c6, c7, c8, c9, unless you let the hunter do all the work while all you do is shifta and resta. Which again I don't recommend unless you want to complete it >13hours. and quite frankly, a FO isn't any decent support until c6/7.

Therefore the best setup i recommend is Hucast + Hucaseal. You can however go for safe and play Hucast + Racaseal/Racast. They have quite lower atp than hucaseal, but if you find a hit% Hell-type (dim/shadow/dark) gun, you simply rape the stage.
    Phantasy Star Online:
    Challenge Mode (TA!) player.

Looking for someone willing to help with a signature .

We are soldiers, stand or die Jarek's Avatar

Ah..this brought back memories. It's been probably 6 or 7 years since I did it, but I'll try to remember what I can.

An old friend and I did it with a Hucaseal/Humar duo, online, and got S rank with ~15 minutes to spare. Definitely agree with Aerilas about Hucaseal; with just a small boost in ata she is all the 'ranger' you'd need with the benefits of being a hunter. As for hucast/humar, hmm..I think there are a few pros/cons for both. Basically we (I) decided to try humar so that we could still get some use out of all the techs/mst mats. Resta, namely, seemed appealing to have if we were lucky enough to have it drop (sadly it didn't often however.) Zonde was also nice in some occasions (mines). Overall though I could see hucast being a strong contender too with traps/higher atp/hp. The only place I can definitively remember being glad I took humar was in c9 when I got a spirit..pallasch I think it was; was able to put out a great amount of damage with it that a cast wouldn't have been able to utilize.

Overall, it was quite the experience. I believe c6 was the stage we had the most frustration with followed by c9. Random spawns can be a bitch sometimes. It definitely wasn't easy, but it was probably the most satisfying c-mode experience I had. Shout out to Pallet` wherever you are for the patience and determination to stick it out with me.

I realize this is almost a month after OP posted, but I felt like putting it out there anyway. o:
    Good luck with it.

I'd say Hucaseal and Hucast, or Hucaseal and Humar. If you're using 2 casts, mates could potentially become an issue. If you're using a humar, you still have good atp, but can also use resta and simple attack techs if you need to.

Or a racast. That works too, if you find hell-type weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?