Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Canīt wait for The Baconing aka Deathspank 3!

http://www.thebaconing.com/

The other parts got good humour and a diablo type of combat style.

Supposely, they are gonna tweak a little with the combat.
    Maybe making it a little less button mash and thatīs cool.
    I like too see more uses for the shield.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

I wish someone would release a Diablo-style dungeon crawler on the XBLA/PSN that actually had some goddamned multiplayer. Last one to come out (I think) was Arkadian Warriors, and that was many moons ago. The "single-player only" thing is what made me pass on Deathspank/2, and Torchlight.

I only played a bit of the demo for the first game, then I heard about Thongs of Virtue and decided to pass on this game. I already have weird games like Costume Quest, I don't think I want anything relating to underwear. Even the name DeathSpank made me kind of leery.

Torchlight is a gem. Unlike D&D: Daggerdale which were full of bugs, a big disgrace.
    Canīt believe anyone released that garbage acting like it were at a Alpha/Beta stadium.
    Not to mention boring background, repetive combat and almost no sound.

I expected a Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance/ Champions of Norrath quality in that.

Torchlight does indeed look insanely fun. However, no online multiplayer functionality is a major deal-breaker. To me, dungeon-crawling, hack n' slash lootfest games need to have online co-op, or it's just not worth it.

Yeah, iīm used to solo so for me it doesnīt matter much.
    But Torchlight 2 will fix that. =)

I've been looking forward to this too. The other two games, albeit easy, were a blast to play. Sad thing is, I heard someone (can't remember if it was DeathSpank's voice actor or one of the original developers) wasn't going to be part of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I wish someone would release a Diablo-style dungeon crawler on the XBLA/PSN that actually had some goddamned multiplayer. Last one to come out (I think) was Arkadian Warriors, and that was many moons ago. The "single-player only" thing is what made me pass on Deathspank/2, and Torchlight.
    DeathSpank had drop-in/drop-out co-op offline multiplayer. It wasn't that great (you basically share the health bar and the co-op player just helps the main player get loot and what not), but if you had a friend over, they could pretty much join you whenever and help you kill stuff. Also, in Thongs of Virtue, you could pick from one of several different co-op characters... like STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE:

If that doesn't do it for you, I'd suggest looking into Dungeon Siege III or Castle Crashers.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I've been looking forward to this too. The other two games, albeit easy, were a blast to play. Sad thing is, I heard someone (can't remember if it was DeathSpank's voice actor or one of the original developers) wasn't going to be part of this one.
    I think you're thinking of Ron Gilbert, the creator of Deathspank and writer on the original games. He actually left Hothead during the development of the second (though my understanding is that he had already done his part of the writing before he quit.)

Torchlight 2 is coming, so yeah, that'll definitely be a good multiplayer Diablo 2-esque game that we already know is a release. The rest is more of a wait-n-see. I'm also really happy to see a console land Dungeon Fighter. It's about the only way we're going to see a *good* Capcom Dungeons and Dragons Arcade game come to a system and release domestically. (A long loading, but decent 2-player only version only landed on the Japanese Saturn).

Then again, Dungeon Fighter is more like a super version of D&D Arcade, but with different rules (Yep, no classic D&D attributes and status effects. You got to learn new rules for that). Though the background variety isn't the same. I haven't seen any fights while floating down a river on a large raft in DF yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    If that doesn't do it for you, I'd suggest looking into Dungeon Siege III or Castle Crashers.
    DSIII isn't really what I had in mind. I was just going for "pick up and play" arcade-style games. As for Castle Crashers, I have that, but it's not really Diablo-esque.

If Torchlight 2 does indeed have online co-op, then that shall be quite scrumptious.