So, I'm trying to play PSU Free Course. I've followed the PSUpedia guide and the Youtube guide by cristfc. Everything went smoothly except for some reason I can't actually load into the game. I never get to the character selection screen.
I haven't logged into the Sega site, fought with the captcha and am trying to find another solution to my problem before trying again. For the most part I think it wants me to register the game. Do I have to buy a registry key for the game first before being able to play free course? I am secretly hoping that being able to log into the sega site will allow me to play but it makes sense if I have to pay for the game first.
My husband, on the other hand, was able to log in to his PSU sega account and it kept directing him to download the game. Mainly via SkeeD Receiver. Google translate seems to say something along the lines of downloading a specifically free version of the game. I didn't see any of that mentioned in the PSU pedia guide or the Youtube guide. So far I don't see any difference in any of the downloadable games.

I apologize if this is something I've just overlooked. I've been staring at a lot of Katakana and Hiragana for the past few hours.
Can anyone shed some light on this?