Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ventrilo for PSP2/I players (Pros and no Cons)

I wanted to make this post for the old ventrilo i used to use but i guess this is the ventrilo for the MSN group since there are still players on it. i just wanted to talk about why people should join ventrilo and not side with going on chat sites or irc's. mainly...

anyways heres the info.
    Host: DAL20.cgservers.com
    Port: 2215
    Password: no password for this ventrilo

to download ventrilo go to this link.
    http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
    only download the "Client" ventrilo which fits your computer and not the server downloads.

Little information for those of you that don't understand ventrilo and are afraid of new programs you have not experienced.

Ventrilo is a simple program which allows a player to use a mic to speak to people in it. Vent is made of channels which players can freely move to which you, as a player, talk to anyone that is inside those channels. There are abilities that allow you to adjust a players voice from your side making it louder or lower then what they sound like. Microphones are only like 10 dollars nowadays to get and it's easy to get started using ventrilo.

For those of you that don't want to buy a mics, you can use the Chat Box feature thats in ventrilo which is just a window for itself and it's just one simple button. so This program is made for people with mics and without mics.

Also, ventrilo does not take much of your internet speed away from you, so those of you that think one little program like this might slow you down online then think again... this program will not cause many programs for you guys that go online for PSP2i

Advantages of using Ventrilo over Chat sites
    - one or none button press to talk.
    - You don't have to put your psp to the side to chat with a keyboard
    - Easy setup controls
    - Multi Channels to take your convo's anywhere in the program to limit amount of players you talk with
    - No late responces from players
    - Faster communications when it comes to doing runs(example: tactical missions, infinity missions, new players needing info when runs, Challenge mode)
    - Chat feature for those that don't have mics but players can still talk to users that don't have mics.
    - Internet speed isn't take from your online play.
    - Everyone is friendly and in a controlled area.
    - You don't have flooded messages or replys or anything that isn't apart of what your doing. so if your playing a game with 3 other players you can switch to a different channel and not have other players flood the chat with something else.
    finally.
    - you can bind a select person or people which you can chat to privately with a different key you use for regular chatting so others do not hear what you say.
    - You do not have to register to become a member, you just make a name on your ventrilo and you just enter the vent info and your done. no email confirmations, nothing.

anyways... have fun and enjoy!
    Last edited by Evegodenraven; Sep 13, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

if anyone has any questions about this whole ting just post it here. i'll be glad to answer your questions. it's a free program, all you have to buy or not buy is a mic. thats it =)

Hey guys i just updated my thread for those of you still playing psp2i. i wanted to bring this post back because i know a lot more people are playing psp2i now and i was really hoping to get some new people onto these ventrilo groups cause of the pros that you gain from ventrilo.

I'm really looking for players that play a lot of psp2i cause i want to hunt, lvl and do a lot of runs with a bunch of people.

The 2 ventrilos i use are the MSN group which everyone now is on pSP2i and the other ventrilo.

If any of you are interested in joining post here which vent you perfer playing on.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Would it be alright to use this vent server for Vanilla players? If it gets too big, could you just make two separate channels for Infinity and Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Would it be alright to use this vent server for Vanilla players? If it gets too big, could you just make two separate channels for Infinity and Vanilla.
    It's fine to use the ventrilo for vanilla players for sure. I mean everyone can talk to each other even if their on both/either vanilla and/or infinity and there is the option to go into a different channel if you have a game going for either one. Theres honestly no limit to what a admin can do when it comes to ventrilo.

So far the ventrilo on top is empty but the msn group has about 4-6 players only for infinity. but if you stay on and play in the vent i'm sure more players will join.

that reminds me i need to update the top thread about something.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

That's fine.

I'm hoping more people will come. I tried advertising a Teamspeak 3 server for both Vanilla/Infinity players and that failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    That's fine.

I'm hoping more people will come. I tried advertising a Teamspeak 3 server for both Vanilla/Infinity players and that failed.
    well there are players on the second ventrilo, so if they see people on there then they might stay and the server might build up.

Also a few of the MSN group players that only use MSN sometimes get onto the ventrilo program when a lot of players are on and use the chat feature for the program

Come on and join us.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

sadly, if only i have an original copy of psp2i.. i might consider joining for multiplay ~_~

all the best to you!

Quote Originally Posted by soniczx View Post
    sadly, if only i have an original copy of psp2i.. i might consider joining for multiplay ~_~

all the best to you!
    that doesn't mean you can't join us. I know you wont be able to join us online but we can still chat online and talk about psp2i.