Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Yeah, you guys posting aren't really that innocent either, since most of you (including myself) in this thread have actually contributed to a lot of the arguing and craziness that goes on in those threads. Stop white knighting and start not posting. If you keep posting in such threads, then yes, the thread is going to get bigger and even more derailed.

tl;dr lurk more
    This. Besides, with the inclusion of this and the "Bullshit" thread there'd be no reason to ever post another topic again because you could theoretically stick any kind of ranting into one of the two topics. Rants is already as dead as dead can be being a dead horse society, no need to make it even more dead.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

I agree with the original post. however looking at Sega's current track record with the PS series, the newest release will just be a merger of content from PSU, PSO, PSP 1&2 just set on a different planet. Sure they'll add new content, but like many games in a long running series they tend to "hark back" to older games because people like having stuff they hadfrom previous games etc. Such as current JP PSU content additions, it's been ports from the PSP games for months and months now it's a bit lazy if you ask me, I don't see PSO being revolutionary in any way shape or form.

Tifa
    Desktop - Intel i7 6700K 4.0 Ghz, Nvidia 1080 GTX Founders Edition, 16GB 3000 Mhz DDR4 RAM, Samsung 49" CHG 90 UltraWide HDR QLED Gaming Monitor

Laptop - Intel i7 2.8 Ghz (IvyBridge), ATI 7970 2 GB, 16 GB (1866 Mhz) DDR RAM, 17" Display

Stop looking there. If there's no new information, you can expect there to be little productive conversation. Just stupid arguing over a game nobody knows anything about. As for PSU vs PSO threads, maybe that idea would have been helpful 4-5 years ago. Now, not so much. Just stop contributing to it and report it. It's not that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SStrikerR View Post
    Stop looking there. If there's no new information, you can expect there to be little productive conversation. Just stupid arguing over a game nobody knows anything about. As for PSU vs PSO threads, maybe that idea would have been helpful 4-5 years ago. Now, not so much. Just stop contributing to it and report it. It's not that hard.
    Thank god someone gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by SStrikerR View Post
    That's fine and everything, but to my knowledge, there's not a rule posted about it anywhere - it's just a taboo at this point. It'd be kinda fucked up to punish someone over something that isn't made clear in black and white, especially if they're new to the forums. I'm pretty sure most of these topics are generated from newer forum members, because everyone else that frequently visits this site should already know better.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of these topics are generated from newer forum members, because everyone else that frequently visits this site should already know better.
    Tetsaru is right about that. A vast majority of the newer "OMG WTF THIS DOESN'T LOOK LIKE PSO HNNNGGGHHHH!" threads that pop up are usually made by new users...or sometimes older users that haven't been around for a long time.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

That doesn't change the fact that the people who constantly make the threads go downhill know better than that. They HAVE been around here and regardless make the threads go to shit.

It doesn't change the factor of, If you see it don't encourage it by posting in it sort of mentality you old people should be well aware of by now,

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Banning game comparison threads and posts won't accomplish anything.

Given the current speculative nature of most of the threads in the PSO2 forum, it is only natural that comparisons to previous games are going to come up. Once more details start being released, the discussions should mature and start to become more focused on the individual merits of the game.

If you feel someone is going excessively off-topic or being an elitist asshole, report them and let the staff deal with it.

I tend to stay far far away from that area of the board, and I couldn't be happier.