Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

Maybe were looking at this the wrong way. I mean were looking at the differences not looking at whats alike.

This being Dark Falz and the Profound Darkness which was sealed in another dimension. Even then small peaces seep though. It wants out it's tried to force it's way out the front 4 times over and failed. So it may be that it's look a back door.

Perhaps the ancients of Ragol and Gurhal have the technology to give it such a back door.

This may sound newmen of me but the answers we seek may lie in the the darkness.
    The space between.
    Last edited by Alucard V; Jul 15, 2011 at 07:55 AM.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

Like I'm telling anyone my real info, hahaha!

Okay boys (and any women that are floating around), let's brush up on our lore a little bit.

First off, before any other considerations let's lay down some rules:
    1. Let's only look at what the games say specifically about the story/timeline so we don't read into it
    2. Let's note connections or references but unless there is some in-game or developer confirmation let's not draw conclusions from it to keep things simple.

That said first thing is that the author is trying to link the history of the games with the actually Real life time line, which is a bit silly because even if it is true, there's not a lot of significance to it. Sure we get some background on why the humans got there and became that way but that's incidental to the story. So for simplicity, again, less just say what we know:

- The four original games fall in a timeline together and are directly connected:
    >>> PS1 -1000 years- PS2 -1000 years- PS4
    (PS3 is either 1000 years after PS2 or PS4 depending on translation, that's up for debate and I'm fuzzy on it as it is but it is mentioned directly in PS4 so it is connected but is not confirmed to the best of my knowledge which ending is the "right" ending if there is one at all or if it lines up with the other series, it's up in the air)

- PSO series
    >>> Ep.1 - Ep.2 - Ep.4
    (Ep.3 is the cards and I didn't play it at all as it is I can't say if it's even relevant, thoughts?)
    (also I haven't played ZERO, can someone fill that one in?)
    Note: Definite References to the originals but no direct confirmation as of yet, I believe hence why it's separate.

- PSU series
    >>>> History of Gurhal Ep.1 - Ep.2 - Ep.3 - PSP - PSP2 - PSP Inf.
    Note: They make strong direct references to PSO series and it's highly likely that they are connected but it's not confirmed... yet, so for now they are separate.

Okay now that I've said that, what are the thoughts working with that framework and what can people say about the games connections for sure? I like to read and know the story that happens in my games more than anything else because I treat RPG with developed stories like books (ask me about Warcraft sometime, I've played and own the original).
    That said I'm not perfect so I know I make mistakes and I want to confirm this since I did my research when I got into PSU but didn't actually play the games (still youtube videos and the internet do ya some good).

What I will also say is the theories involved usually come from trying to link the three timelines together, like, in the original series PS3 is horrible ambiguous but there is confirmation that it links with the other three at the very least but it may tie with PSO, just no real confirmation. Likewise, there are not just direct references between PSO and PSU, PSU actually shows places that are identical to PSO without explanation... so far. However, for now to the best of my knowledge everything really specific beyond what I mentioned is theory and should be taken with a grain of salt, even what I do mention as connections between the series is pretty fuzzy so I wouldn't take it as anything other than that.

Also for reading:
    www.phantasy-star.net Including Entire Game scripts, elsewise search youtube as that is likely easier to digest. ArtificialRaven is one that I found.
    Last edited by MaximusLight; Jul 15, 2011 at 12:43 AM.

Hey all,

I am the one who wrote this article back in April, so I'm glad some of you found it interesting and enjoyed it. I'm not really one to sit around debating things on forums, so I decided to write a follow-up article about some of this on that site as well as my blog:

http://www.anjelsyndicate.org/2011/0...ine-revisited/

And:

http://allahweh.wordpress.com/2011/0...ine-revisited/

As I do not plan to watch this thread continuously, any follow-up comments I would encourage you to post either at the Syndicate or on my blog post. I will gladly comment back if you do.

I also plan to write a revised version of the timeline with more notes about some things in it, and I will let you know here whenever I happen to get around to it.

Enjoy!

From what I know of PSZ, the people of Coral/Earth built Mother Trinity, she made some suggestions the people didn't like, She despaired, got possessed by Dark Falz, and so forth. But yeah, MT did a good job of raising mostly loyal newmen (The security squad that Reve was part of was PERSONALLY raised by MT) It was mainly the normally raised ones that started to have questions about things.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post

So WHY O WHY does PSO stuff keep showing up in PSU (including people, weps, simulations, VR programs & monsters)?
    The dark/the seed/fulkis/fakis/falz, take a guess. Notice how everything PSO always shows up in a relic, in a dark area or something similar. Infinity will likely explain this but we need an actual translation of all the people you can talk to. Without an Eng release of Inf...will we EVER know why PSO stuff keeps showing up?

*Other than 'fan service' / because people want it to
    It was said that holes in dimensions and the works opened up on somehow left them there. For all we know PSU's hero (story or multiplayer in PSU's case) could have been PSO's ancestor in that case.

As before, I don't plan to get into long drawn-out discussions here, but I did go ahead and write up a "Version 2" of the timeline, which you can find at either of these links:

http://allahweh.wordpress.com/2011/0...ine-version-2/

And:

http://www.anjelsyndicate.org/2011/0...ine-version-2/

As always, I welcome any civil comments on either of those sites, and I hope you enjoy it!

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

hi, Allahweh was wondering it also included Collection, Adventure & PSP2I timelines also. It's a Great read so far. and comes up some idea's to where some of the ppl come from.

Going from the time when first explorers found the Angol system and founded there lives in the system had contact with Old Earth. Then over time the kingdoms of Angol broke off Communication with Old Earth 3 years Before due to the upcoming war the with Waizz. Then during the time of PS 2 when Old Earth encountered the worldship in space during about the same time losing Communication with Angol in the orginal time line. During that time the refugee's from Angol taught Earthmen how to Make better ships but didn't know how to get back because of the black hole. Not realizing Falz was on board slowly took over the people even tho they tried to stop it. They became enraged at the Angolians for sending them this plague and sent two teams of Warships to find Angol. Now the first group of Warship makes it to Angol and they destroy them with climate control but they lose to the Angolians. But over time the people of Parma had to leave due to the climate problems and lose of the planet, some of them found the Gurhal System and try there best to mimic the lives they had in Angol. But the Earthmen in the Second group of Warship became more evil and embraced the darkness. Then They suddenly found the Gurhal System and use there new powers to attack the people and mistaking them for Angolians. the Ancient people of Gurhal fought the invaders and made the Confinement system to stop them which didn't go as planed. They lost a Planet and many on both sides lost there lives. the remainder of the Ancient people of Gurhal went into hiding to wait for help. And the Dark invaders / Illuminus being injured form the long war and thinking they had won went into Hibernation on there newly founded planet with look outs for when help may come and to regrow.

This is just a theory an not cannon but can fit into that timeline that you had made. but It could be just BS if PSPI cannon says differently about where and what happened during there time. Thoughts?

And is this accurate to your info? going by star charts.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/pict...ictureid=22669
    Last edited by Omega-z; Aug 26, 2011 at 05:34 PM.

"Phantasy Star II: Text Adventures" consists of various stories that take place between AW 1281-1284, so naturally we would place those on the timeline right before PS2.

Are you saying that you think it was humans, from Earth, that colonized the Algol System? I'm not really too sure about that because it seems that before AW 86 or so, people on Palma did not have the ability to travel through space. If we equate AW 1 to AD 2001, then we can see how these systems were similar. Just as humans here in 2001 weren't off colonizing worlds in our system, humans on Palma weren't doing so. Part of it was that they were caught in a long war in the previous two decades, but also it was most likely technological limitations. Once the war ended, they could turn their attentions elsewhere and so by the end of that century they were expanding outside of Palma.

I honestly think humanity simply evolved in parallel between these two systems. The first contact between the Earthmen and the people of Algol seems to happen at roughly the time that PS1 takes place, which would be when the Alisa III arrived on Earth through the tear in time-space. Ironically it creates a cyclical history as the Algolians brought this darkness to Earth, resulting in the destruction of their world later, and in turn the Earthmen brought their evil ways back to Algol many years later. After Palma was destroyed for that very reason, the Alisa III set out and you know what happened, LOL.

The map seems to be fairly accurate. On that map, I'd note that Coral and Copto are most likely the same world, and I would argue that Ragol should be part of the Gurhal System, later named Parma.

I'm remiss to explain events of PSP2I as I've not seen a translation of the story. From what I can tell from reading other comments, Red Ring Rico's presence seems to be somewhat like a ghost, but even if that's true that still implies a lot of things.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

That's good to hear mostly everything is in the timeline.

Yeah I thought about that after I posted about why Algolian's didn't have the tech to go to earth hmm, could there be another great blank or what if the Blackhole was still open long enough to send old school Earth shuttles thru, tring to reach Algol but slipped back even farther in time to a Primitive Algol with no way of getting back and had to settle the closes planet to them must likely Palma. A Grandfather Paradox......Maybec?

I think it's total Possible that Earthmen are the Illuminus in PSU since Howzer said he's thousands of year's old which would fit with your time line.

I totally agree that Coral is Copto and fits very well. The thing about Ragol is that it was a Lone planet in the system and no where else to go according to Pioneer 2 and the ship came form Coral since the meteor came from Ragol and Coral would have similarities to Palma made ships since they have the same roots. Which I think it was one of the many 400 ships that left Palma before it blew up and found Gurhal System and settled Parum after there old world which would be must likely the some of the Ancients and it may fit under one of the many Ending in the classic series. But it's possible that it's the same world.

Ragol is not Rykos tho. They both appeared at the same time as PSIV and PSO in the timeline. why Rykos has the VR system maybe because it came from the Dulk-Fulz's mine ( stated in PSU ) and so all Dulk-Fulz's are linked and gather info form those they absorb.

Now the problem is, did the evil Earthmen Contaminate Rykos Before it reached the Gurhal system after Algol resealed Dark force in there Sector of space. And a new Problem exists now since PSIV used Rykos as the 3rd planet to reseal but now it's gone and the Algolians don't know that so there down two planets to seal with both Palma and Rykos gone maybe Coral or Ragol maybec as a new 3rd?

The map could be a little different in it's orbit with Ragol to reflect as the same as Coral's or get more info on Ragol too. Now learning the names of the Planet's of PSO2 not sure if there even more Systems?

Yes that would be great If we knew more about PSP2I and how Ragol fits in with Gurhal for all we know, it could be that there the second group of ppl to settle Gurhal and PSO2 could be what happen during that time before the Blank period in there history and were told a false history.....(some of the Ancients) Maybec?

Ancients the spirit type looking one's like Wenyard could be the spirit Guardians in PSIV that guard the seal system on Rykos. They must of gotten kick out by the dark forces and fled to Gurhal. Maybec?

So we have 10+ races then, wow, in the PS series.

Oh EspioKaos is a good person to ask to find out for PSP2I since he can help with Translations.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Aug 29, 2011 at 11:17 PM.

I suppose anything is possible, really.

The problem I see with Earth being responsible for the colonization of Algol is that the people of Algol don't really seem to be aware of the Earthmen's presence until they arrive a few centuries before PS2. We really don't know what happened to the Alisa III after it arrives at Earth in the past, but I'd assume they didn't make it back to Algol. Instead, it seems that they likely lived out their lives on Earth and the Alisa III was later used as a basis on which to build Noah when the time came to leave Earth. Humans on Earth were aware of Algol, however, because of the Alisa III and the information told to them by the people on the ship.

It is a grandfather paradox though because the Humans came to Algol, bringing darkness and corruption with them and imposed the MOTHER system there and ultimately led to the destruction of Palma. In turn, the Alisa III and other worldships leave, and the Alisa III goes back to the past and in turn creates the genesis of this series of events. It's kind of ironic.

A key point here though is something you mentioned about the other worldships. One seems to crash on Motavia but we don't know about the others. I think it is safe to say that at least one of them heads to Copto as it was only 1 LY away from Algol and was a known colony world. Palmans seem to simply settle there and life continues until that world is also brought to the brink of destruction by war, pollution, and the beginnings of a new Mother system. Yet, it seems that these settlers from Coral were not the first of their kind to reach Ragol. It looks as if Ragol was used as a seal for a Dark Force around 800 years prior to PSO. As you said, with Palma gone they likely found an alternative and found that Ragol wasn't terribly far away from Algol, which makes sense as Copto/Coral was only 1 LY away to begin with.

I don't recall reading that Ragol was a lone planet in a system, but I think that the settlers from Coral weren't worried about other worlds. They were satisfied with Ragol because it seemed to be a source of this energy and was also an inhabitable world. In fact, the discovery of Ragol was due to the fact that they wanted to find this energy. I think the government on Coral was hoping that Ragol would serve as a good alternative, but maybe the energy could be used to somehow stave off the decay of their homeworld.

We really don't know who the ancients are, do we? Sure, it is possible that they are more settlers from Palma from AW 1284 or it's also equally possible that they were other settlers from Coral. However, the ancients seemed to pretty much die out as a group long before the events of PSU. So, if they were settlers from any of those worlds it would be a rather moot point anyhow. However, it seems clear that the humans in modern-day Gurhal are not related to the Ancients necessarily (for reasons stated above), so there are a few possibilities: They could be from Palma, they could have been a second group from Coral, or they could be the same people from the Pioneer project.

So, what planets are there going to be in PSO2? I have not read as much on that lately...And is there a target release date yet?
    Last edited by Allahweh; Sep 1, 2011 at 02:52 PM.