Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This depends on what kind of game you are trying to play and who is playing.
    I can agree as I've went thru this path myself.

I might import it too theres not even any talk about a US demo so we might not even get it i have the demo its really good

I gave up on waiting for a US localization. I imported the game, and am loving it. I especially enjoy being able to get some dlc outfits. As for not being able to understand the language: I find this is not a problem due to putting a couple hundred hours in PSP2. The menus are basically the same, and it is easy to recognize most things. The only downsides are not being able to understand a couple of dlc missions, like fanta quiz, and story mode, but it is a minor problem. There are enough guides and translations to figure out what the new stuff is.

I've also put hundreds of hours into PSP2. The menus and that kind of stuff isn't the issue. I just like to know what I'm reading. Like:

"Damn, that enemy was tough! What's it called?"

"Whoa, this weapon is awesome! What's it's name..?"

"Gee, I really wish I could read all the monster descriptions in the beastiary..."

"What the hell is going on in the story right now? Nagisa just kicked me in the groin, and I don't know why!"

...that kind of stuff.

Text is really a non-issue.
    Might be a bit annoying in Story mode, but i think it´s worth it.
    IMO, PSU storyline is not something i miss.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I've also put hundreds of hours into PSP2. The menus and that kind of stuff isn't the issue. I just like to know what I'm reading. Like:

"Damn, that enemy was tough! What's it called?"

"Whoa, this weapon is awesome! What's it's name..?"

"Gee, I really wish I could read all the monster descriptions in the beastiary..."

"What the hell is going on in the story right now? Nagisa just kicked me in the groin, and I don't know why!"

...that kind of stuff.

^This. Also, because of my job I have very limited play time, 2 to 3 hours a day. So I have no time to check and identify what are the items I picked up.

Though when I was a student I would play jrpgs religiously, even though I can't understand a single text on screen. Good times.

Here's some fun without knowing the language. Importing DLC weapons and clothing and playing a huge guessing game as to what item it was you downloaded.

I downloaded the Dreadnaught item and imported it into the game a few times, however, I also downloaded the Winning Apple item as well. Seeing as both are DLC and can be imported. I had no idea which weapon was which until I scoured my entire inventory looking for the item.

Though it's cruel that I just download Infinity off the internet, importing the game and paying 10-15$ extra and on top of that the foreign text to me is not worth it.Even on the gameplay value I rather waste making a English patch or waiting for a US localization then play a game that's understandable in actions but not in text.
    I admit of having problem playing the game right now but this is why the internet is for,it's like one huge dictionary.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Data:
    Sieghart Beast M Lv140

Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki-kun View Post
    Though it's cruel that I just download Infinity off the internet, importing the game and paying 10-15$ extra and on top of that the foreign text to me is not worth it.Even on the gameplay value I rather waste making a English patch or waiting for a US localization then play a game that's understandable in actions but not in text.
    I admit of having problem playing the game right now but this is why the internet is for,it's like one huge dictionary.
    What a shame. Downloading piracy cause you dont want to spend a lil bit extra for a great game. :/

Just saying...
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki-kun View Post
    I wish there were more people like you that knows what the Internet can do.