Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BusterNewman View Post
    I was thinking that perhaps this is what they're building up to. I do not personally blame Edward, but the excuses are ridiculous. How hard can it be to release an item pack/update? Since when was it a "different version"of the game?

I am quite literally lost for words.
    I wonder if you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising or attacking their customer base like I've seen them do on the official forums. Weren't we sold on the promise of getting the same updates (timely manner not withstanding) as the JP server? Also whenever the issue of updates were brought up in the past Sega (specifically Edward) always sold it to us as though both versions were the same version, only the US would be behind but would catch up eventually. You see, Edward's real job is just to dangle that carrot in front of the children. He lied and twisted the truth to keep milking players for their money. I would know since my old job required me to take a class in PSS (professional selling skills) as well as yearly refresher classes. Now Edward just comes out with the truth knowing full well it'll piss people off. Why would he stop dangling the carrot now? Because maybe the PSU 360 servers are going to close really soon.

Sega ain't really bitching about getting hacked, because in the back of their minds they knew it was more than likely due to them continually pissing people off.
    Last edited by boomadatigger; Jul 20, 2011 at 11:51 PM.
    I'm Boomadatigger and if you can't speak freely you're simply not free.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KnightSabers01?feature=mhee

First of all, I would ask of PSU players not to let the current situation make you hate. It’s not good for the soul.

Second, I’d like to touch on the subject of banning because I’ve heard a lot about it recently. The reason people are banned is because they broach subjects that others do not wish to deal with. It’s also used as a scare tactic to other posters to tone down their comments and accept the information given to them. Acceptance ~ that is what this is all about. PSU on the xbox servers has been put upon the shelf.

As a player, I used to love this game. And it was the only one that I really enjoyed playing with my son and friends. But this game has changed for me, and it’s because of the changes being instituted by Sega. I’ve worked for national and global corporations for the last three decades and the bottom line with any major corporation is revenue. New product keeps a company vitalized. Kids and adults alike head out to midnight releases to get that new game they’ve been waiting months for, early morning lines to snag that new cell phone, etc. etc. New product generates money. Big Money.

And that’s where we are now. Like it or not, SEGA is not going to put manhours into giving us what we want. All their time and effort are for their new projects, new games. They don’t care about what weapon you’ve been looking forward to for so long, they don’t care that you’re bored with the clothes and hairstyles that you have now, it just does not matter to them. And for those of you who are angry and frustrated, don’t take it personally – it’s the corporate agenda. This is a business pure and simple and this is how they operate. In my opinion it’s just a matter of time before the 360 servers disappear. I think if SEGA were interested in keeping this game running, they would be working on it just as hard. And they are not. Of course, if Guardian’s Cash were instituted it might be a different story. If they could generate a higher revenue from us, they might be interested in keeping the game running at optimum. But that would be very costly to us, and I can say in all honesty that as a player and parent paying for this game, I am outraged at the thought. I think it horrendous that long time players, as many of us are, would have to pay extra for new weapons and such that our monthly memberships should be paying for anyway. Let’s face it, we’re just money-making machines for them.

There is no ‘unique or distinct’ here. This game is the same game, no matter what server it’s played on. It’s PSU. Content should be the same, never utilizing exclusives. Anything else is just bias.

I really don’t think there’s anyway we can fix this. It would be different if we had a voice within SEGA that would take a stand for us and help us out, but I just don’t see that forthcoming. Where would we find such an individual? very sad indeed All you can do is take a stand for what you believe in ~ and don’t budge.

At the time they released the supplemental update on 360 they could have included both updates (and some content from the third) in the same download, it's obvious they didn't plan on giving this version many more content, in fact, I believe they would be happy to have the servers deserted, this way they would have an excuse and stop updating at all.

Edward, saying they are working on another game, a game that so far is PC exclusive, won't help at all the PSU 360 community, that for the most part, are xbox live players, and a minor (and loudly) part are phantasy star players, but it seems obvious that their money is only a nuisance to sega, just like maintaining this version of the game.

the game is still online, no need to apologise. This web site is fine for forums.

Quote Originally Posted by boomadatigger View Post
    I wonder if you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising. Weren't we sold on the promise of getting the same updates (timely manner not withstanding) as the JP server? Also whenever the issue of updates were brought up in the past Sega (specifically Edward) always sold it to us as though both versions were the same version, only the US would be behind but would catch up eventually. You see, Edward's real job is just to dangle that carrot in front of the children. He lied and twisted the truth to keep milking players for their money. I would know since my old job required me to take a class in PSS (professional selling skills) as well as yearly refresher classes. Now Edward just comes out with the truth knowing full well it'll piss people off. Why would he stop dangling the carrot now? Because maybe the PSU 360 servers are going to close really soon.

Sega ain't really bitching about getting hacked, because in the back of their minds they knew it was more than likely due to them continually pissing people off.
    Yes we were, it was always made clear the servers were segregated but not that the game was actually a different version. If I had known this I would have moved to the Japanese PC server years ago, but with the promise of the same stuff, just later I thought it'd be best to simply ride it out.

I can see absolutely no reason, why we can't have the proper items & updates that the Japanese PC version get, we pay our subscription fee after all (I don't suppose it would seem so bad if they dropped the monthly fee).

It''s bad enough that the game is already heavily reliant on "remade"PSO missions and areas, without depriving us of actual new content. This limitation business is absolute bullshit and a complete cop-op.

I also see no reason why this can't run along side PSO2 for as long as 360 allows it, but if they're going to continue in this manner, perhaps it's best to just put it out of it's misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Meyfei View Post
    i can think of 3 that ends in sega
    Hahahaha - that made me smile .
    Last edited by MoonlightMyau; Jul 20, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie Luv View Post
    First of all, I would ask of PSU players not to let the current situation make you hate. It’s not good for the soul.

Second, I’d like to touch on the subject of banning because I’ve heard a lot about it recently. The reason people are banned is because they broach subjects that others do not wish to deal with. It’s also used as a scare tactic to other posters to tone down their comments and accept the information given to them. Acceptance ~ that is what this is all about. PSU on the xbox servers has been put upon the shelf.

As a player, I used to love this game. And it was the only one that I really enjoyed playing with my son and friends. But this game has changed for me, and it’s because of the changes being instituted by Sega. I’ve worked for national and global corporations for the last three decades and the bottom line with any major corporation is revenue. New product keeps a company vitalized. Kids and adults alike head out to midnight releases to get that new game they’ve been waiting months for, early morning lines to snag that new cell phone, etc. etc. New product generates money. Big Money.

And that’s where we are now. Like it or not, SEGA is not going to put manhours into giving us what we want. All their time and effort are for their new projects, new games. They don’t care about what weapon you’ve been looking forward to for so long, they don’t care that you’re bored with the clothes and hairstyles that you have now, it just does not matter to them. And for those of you who are angry and frustrated, don’t take it personally – it’s the corporate agenda. This is a business pure and simple and this is how they operate. In my opinion it’s just a matter of time before the 360 servers disappear. I think if SEGA were interested in keeping this game running, they would be working on it just as hard. And they are not. Of course, if Guardian’s Cash were instituted it might be a different story. If they could generate a higher revenue from us, they might be interested in keeping the game running at optimum. But that would be very costly to us, and I can say in all honesty that as a player and parent paying for this game, I am outraged at the thought. I think it horrendous that long time players, as many of us are, would have to pay extra for new weapons and such that our monthly memberships should be paying for anyway. Let’s face it, we’re just money-making machines for them.

There is no ‘unique or distinct’ here. This game is the same game, no matter what server it’s played on. It’s PSU. Content should be the same, never utilizing exclusives. Anything else is just bias.

I really don’t think there’s anyway we can fix this. It would be different if we had a voice within SEGA that would take a stand for us and help us out, but I just don’t see that forthcoming. Where would we find such an individual? very sad indeed All you can do is take a stand for what you believe in ~ and don’t budge.
    i too work for a major global corporation. We live on our new products too but we also dedicate valuble time to existing products. Putting valuble time to update and upgrade old models. The reason is that your customers value you more as a company if you maintian a previous model. If not why would they purchase a new one knowing that it will not be supported by you in the future. The industry i work in is the aerospace quality and customer satisfaction are the best way to improve your industry and make profit

Quote Originally Posted by kanyu View Post
    the game is still online, no need to apologise. This web site is fine for forums.
    So you think it's ok that were not getting any content that JP is getting?

I see the word "reskin" being thrown around a lot. Can anyone tell me if these people saying it actually mean reskin? Or is it the exact same skin as another weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowfoxZero View Post
    I see the word "reskin" being thrown around a lot. Can anyone tell me if these people saying it actually mean reskin? Or is it the exact same skin as another weapon?
    The latter.

Despite typing up these giant novels being written up post after post, they won't accomplish anything. I'll try to make myself clear here, to a point which everyone can understand:

SEGA DOES NOT FUCKING CARE ABOUT PHANTASY STAR IN ANY OTHER REGION BESIDES JAPAN

It's a bad business model, but the low sales, constant SEGA bashing, and lower fanbase will be the end of Phantasy Star games in English once and for all. SEGA is a multi-billion dollar company, do you really think they can't pay the fees or whatever they need to pay for to get it past through Microsoft? No, and here's why:

SEGA DOES NOT FUCKING CARE ABOUT PHANTASY STAR IN ANY OTHER REGION BESIDES JAPAN

Does it make sense now? The only thing you can do to help is give them less money, don't support this bullshit anymore. I enjoy a majority of SEGAs single player games but goddamn they can't run a US/EU online game for shit.