Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I suspect the response to this would be "We need permission from SoJ."
    Which basically means, "Nope."

Dam. We need permission to do stuff like that? that sucks very hard! I don't know what we going to do about this situation because at this rate the 360 version will be shut down too.

The way i see it is Japan has a much bigger user base so there for a much bigger budget than the 360 so with limited funds sega can't do as much on the 360. so could we not be given a choice of what everyone would like to see happen. Say our budget can only afford one of three choices in a given time and we could vote on which one we would want because anything sega do in the game cost them money and they can only spend so much but if we could choice what they spent it on it mite help us and sega.

I agree with what others have already said, take away the stupid account binding on our servers since we will never have access to the Upgrade Device in any way.
    This might keep a few players like myself a while longer.

Here's most likely the way it breaks down: SoA needs permission from SoJ. SoJ needs permission from the heads, which the heads will deny claiming "there isn't enough funds" which, to be honest, is more than likely not true at all.

Skilled Fighter DeathDragon2332's Avatar

Right ik they make plenty off the 360 servers for a fer updates they just don't care at all. What's really annoying is they told everyone that the jp and us versions were gunna be copies or the same game as far as updates and things like that. Which you can see is total bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDragon2332 View Post
    Right ik they make plenty off the 360 servers for a fer updates they just don't care at all. What's really annoying is they told everyone that the jp and us versions were gunna be copies or the same game as far as updates and things like that. Which you can see is total bullshit.
    Yep. A lot of the stuff wouldn't be hard at all to transfer over to the other servers either. It is basically just editing a bit of the code if needed as well as translating the need be parts to English. And interesting, my other post got deleted haha.

When the official forums come back will negativity or anything disagreeable with the Sega line still be met with threats, insults, infractions, bans and warrantless accusations of trolling? I could cite many examples.

That's not an ideal setting for an honest discussion of the problems facing the PSU customer base, there's been more honesty in this thread and more genuine customer opinions than I've seen for a while, from both sides. As such, even if you (Sega) don't like the responses, it's been highly constructive.

Things I have learned from this thread:
    1) A majority of forum users don't like the new direction. These are the people who indirectly pay SoA wages.
    2) At the top of page 2, what I would class as a 'coming clean' post from Sega.
    3) That some people have achieved a form of closure from the above.
    4) That some people have limitless optimism, which is not based on false or incomplete information, but an honest assessment of the situation.
    5) That the community would like to have conversations on this. Conversations are an exchange of dialogue where both sides actively participate rather than going quiet for days/weeks at a time.

And for the few people who still don't get it - Sega Of America cannot implement actual new content. Even if they were allowed to invest the time in it and wanted to do it, they don't have the skills anyway. SoA is not a development location. Asking SoA to get permission to make changes won't work. The only way we will ever see new graphical assets is by SoJ organising a title update/supplemental download. You'll have a far better chance of getting gameplay changes that are pure server-side tweaks, like losing account binding, or getting rid of fixed elemental (and indeed non elemental) drops.

For my 2p on the list of improvements that might be possible (I'm banned on official for speaking my mind too often, so I'll be excluded from later discussions):
    1) Account binding needs to go
    2) Increase drop rates significantly - especially for trade materials and boss drops
    3) Nothing should ever drop neutral only, it makes them pointless, and if possible previous single element weapons should be able to drop in any element and strength. Hey, we're a unique server now if I understand correctly, let's have something unique and good.
    4) Significantly improve customer service response times with regards to tickets. I got two of those phishing sites shut down within 2 days this week and now have a fast line to the relevant support people at the hosting companies if new ones appear. This is something Sega had never managed (or apparently thought) to do even before the hacking saga. We don't want scammers operating for weeks at a time anymore, it creates a whole atmosphere of distrust and negative assumption about other players.
    Last edited by bloodflowers; Jul 20, 2011 at 07:39 AM.

Figured I should put my thoughts here as well. To anyone expecting Phantasy Star Online 2 to be better than Phantasy Star Universe where we get all the same updates as the japanese do I will crush your dreams now. We have never gotten the same updates/weapons/items as japanese players do from when they put Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast. It happened on the Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, and Xbox 360. I'm ok with the official stance that the Xbox 360 version is unique. That means you should be able to turn up the rare drop rate globally guilt free. The group I run with has been running Distant Memory on S3. What do we get for spending our 15 minutes to do a run? A lousy Cubo Mamba and 3 container room decorations. Forget the guardians cash content, shouldnt see any containers on S3 thats crazy. Keep giving your community junk drops like containers on S3 maybe the community should quit.

Xbox 360 Server = Kubara Version of JP Server

Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post
    The only way we will ever see new graphical assets is by SoJ organising a title update/supplemental download.
    In other words, for the people that still might not understand, we most likely will not get something like that. Unfortunately.
    Last edited by HoneyBadger; Jul 20, 2011 at 07:51 AM.