Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

yeah. some guy said hacked by kiwi, poor guy :/ .and it was a weebly .com thing too.. smfh.. that guy must be stopped. i sound like a cop or something

You can get the weebly sites shut down by reporting them to [email protected]. You need to very clearly indicate it's being used for phishing Xbox Live account details, include the link - that's all they need.

My Friends Come First! AnonymousHat00's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quatre52 View Post
    What can sega do exactly? The only thing really is ban them, if they have access to other accounts tho, they'd just get right back on and keep going..
    it also depends on what exactly they do with your account. if they just use it for your psu stuff then the only real thing they can do is just try to ban them, but say you have your credit card, of your parents, and they steal money, well if that happens it just went to a whole new lvl cuz you can get Microsoft involved at that point and hacker can face prison charges.

Acrofighter in Training

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post
    Disclaimer: I realise a lot of people already know about this, it's old news - but victims are still appearing daily. Also I know PSOW has a policy about scammer threads, I checked with Ryna before posting this.

Currently there are Xbox Live account thieves operating on PSU. I don't know if Sega are actually doing anything about it (I've reported it several times), but this group or individual continue to operate unchallenged.

If you see someone advertising free meseta, free MSP or similar offers where you have to visit a site and enter your Xbox Live information, DON'T. What will happen is they will retrieve your Xbox Live account, change your details, log in to PSU and steal/destroy whatever you've worked for, and then use it to phish for more victims. If you report it to Microsoft rather than somehow wrestling control of it back yourself, they will sometimes (possibly always) ban the account and tell you to make a new one. Your new account will have no link to you PSU data, and you'll have to start from scratch with a new PSU ID.

In the past week alone I've seen what appears to be at least 4 new compromised accounts. I believe it is still Wallis/Pegasis at work.

You can protect yourself by doing the following:
    1) NEVER give out your Xbox Live account information, no site will ever ask you to enter it except Microsoft sites.
    2) Don't give out personal information to people you don't know, don't fill in your correct age or exact location on forums for example, try to use a different email address for your Live account. Make sure your Live password is a cryptic mass which resembles no real words (using e=3 will NOT cut it), write it down but not on your computer unless you encrypt the file.
    3) Set up a keypress combo password on your Live account - this is easy. At the dashboard, press the guide button, settings, account management, and 'Xbox LIVE Pass Code'. Set a keypress code and write it down somewhere. This won't prevent account retrieval, but you can set one of 10,000 combinations there - it will at least rob them of a useful victim account.

More information can be found following the forum link in my signature. Additionally, if you do see someone advertising such a site, while the Sega support site is down you can contact them by email at [email protected]

I don't know why Sega seem unable to get this under control, it's extremely serious and from a users point of view they're doing absolutely nothing about it.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but anyone stupid enough to not blacklist these scumbags right away, they deserve to have their information compromised. If you can't spot phishing from a mile away, should you really be using Xbox Live/the Internet?
    Divine Shadow (Male, Cast) LV100 (HU LV10, RA LV10. Fg LV9, Ff LV14)

Quote Originally Posted by Recon Tactical View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but anyone stupid enough to not blacklist these scumbags right away, they deserve to have their information compromised. If you can't spot phishing from a mile away, should you really be using Xbox Live/the Internet?
    At the risk of sounding completely clichéd:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Reflect on that. Bloodflowers is trying to help people who could be potentially scammed that visit this forum. Let's keep the witch-burnings for those who deserve it.
    • Discord: Moosie#9284
    • Twitter: jenbelowzero

PSO2 characters: Lucidia Raya, Big Mama, Bill Cipher

Acrofighter in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidia View Post
    At the risk of sounding completely clichéd:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Reflect on that. Bloodflowers is trying to help people who could be potentially scammed that visit this forum. Let's keep the witch-burnings for those who deserve it.
    You're right. My apologies for being a jerk. Phishers are so annoying. I have so many of them blacklisted and muted that it's not even funny. Well, it's all good in the end when they get their comeuppance.
    Divine Shadow (Male, Cast) LV100 (HU LV10, RA LV10. Fg LV9, Ff LV14)

I have run into these guys many times, usually I mute them. Its horrible having these people running around getting the more newer and in-expirienced players accounts. I really wish more can be done about them.

This thread needs to be sticked or something so new players coming into the forums can see it!
    Rebh: Newman Female (Level 180) Lv20 Masterforce, Acrotecher
    Nox: Cast Female (Level 180) Lv20 Gunmaster, Guntecher
    XBox 360, Online

nothing is ever free every1 in the world should know that so for people to fall for it is just stupid i seen some guy posting they were scammers and 1hour later he was posting the website so i guess he went to it anyway like a stupid person if you ask me i think any1 who falls for it is asking for it even if u tell people not to go to it mosy likey they will it is in our nature as human beings the only way most of us learn is by making mistakes so until they go to and do it will be eating at them until they do but if any1 wants to try it just for the hell of it and make the account stealers mad just make a new email and a new gamertag and give them that lol iv done this a few times so they end up getting a useless account

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousHat00 View Post
    it also depends on what exactly they do with your account. if they just use it for your psu stuff then the only real thing they can do is just try to ban them, but say you have your credit card, of your parents, and they steal money, well if that happens it just went to a whole new lvl cuz you can get Microsoft involved at that point and hacker can face prison charges.
    Actually just the simple fact that they have your account with a credit card on it means they can get into serious trouble. These people are doing it for psu only(most likely) but once someone complains to MS that there account was stolen and their credit card is at risk then they can face something like 1-3 years and pay $5000 or something like that. I'm going to laugh when someone does complain and MS tracks their IP and then the cops are on their doorstep.
    "We choose to advance in warfare over civilization,war is all we know and it is all we will ever know" Unknown

Glad to see the community watching out for one another, even with the offficial forums down.
    I actually wrote down Kiwi's info a long time ago and added him to my personal BL but I guess he's still at it even now...
    HUNTER Beast F 150 20FM / everything else
    Chaos Cast M 150 20FM / everything else

PSOGC Skyly 200 HUney (Currently playing)
    PSOBB 160 Peace FOmarl (Retired)