Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The amount of effort me and AIDA put to get the previous scammers banned was ridiculous.. I have known about kiwi for a long time and been able to do nothing so if you guys get anything done good luck.
    HUNTER Beast F 150 20FM / everything else
    Chaos Cast M 150 20FM / everything else

PSOGC Skyly 200 HUney (Currently playing)
    PSOBB 160 Peace FOmarl (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by C0ldChaos View Post
    The amount of effort me and AIDA put to get the previous scammers banned was ridiculous.. I have known about kiwi for a long time and been able to do nothing so if you guys get anything done good luck.
    Well I got 4 meseta scam sites shut down this week, it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post
    Well I got 4 meseta scam sites shut down this week, it's a start.
    Very impressive blood, almost makes me want to give you those 50% fire crea dubz lol.
    HUNTER Beast F 150 20FM / everything else
    Chaos Cast M 150 20FM / everything else

PSOGC Skyly 200 HUney (Currently playing)
    PSOBB 160 Peace FOmarl (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by C0ldChaos View Post
    Very impressive blood, almost makes me want to give you those 50% fire crea dubz lol.
    If you check the FBD thread I quoted the various responses from the hosting companies

SEGA wont do anything about it. Fortunately my friend has already shut down several of those scammer sites since.it seems they are using ajax on their hosts which is from the 90's lol, anyways Snowfox has shutdown 4 of those sites. If we see more im sure he will shut them down as well, since no one else will.
    Gouken Cast- Lvl 180 FM Lvl 20 PSU 360
    Played: Pso Dreamcast and Xbox

Glad to see that the sites are being shut down because those account jacking people are really getting annoying!

Sega forum: Home Dog
    YouTube: GamerTime1226

Quote Originally Posted by Noc Codez View Post
    Far from it.. But he still does buys Meseta.. lol
    He has bought literally every bit meseta he has. He came back to the game and just sat on the 5th floor doing nothing until he spent about 1500 US dollars to buy enough meseta for his pallet. Plus he's not even that rich, he only has like 300 mill outside of the weapons on his pallet. That and he scammed me out of 8 mill like a scrub, not that it's a lot of money, but still..

Also he's really, really, really unintelligent to put it nicely, I've talked to him a lot before he scammed. If he were to be banned he'd never be back.

today is the first time playing online after 3 years of absence and I never knew there was soooo many scammers around the colony lol, the screen was full of messages that I could barely see lol

Phantasy Star Universe
    Kazuma
    level 100 Human, level 20 Fighgunner, Level 20 fighmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Anime_Angel View Post
    today is the first time playing online after 3 years of absence and I never knew there was soooo many scammers around the colony lol, the screen was full of messages that I could barely see lol
    Not all the people who Spam are scammers, the game has came a bit ridiculous with the mountains upon mountains of spam though.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post
    Disclaimer: I realise a lot of people already know about this, it's old news - but victims are still appearing daily. Also I know PSOW has a policy about scammer threads, I checked with Ryna before posting this.

Currently there are Xbox Live account thieves operating on PSU. I don't know if Sega are actually doing anything about it (I've reported it several times), but this group or individual continue to operate unchallenged.

If you see someone advertising free meseta, free MSP or similar offers where you have to visit a site and enter your Xbox Live information, DON'T. What will happen is they will retrieve your Xbox Live account, change your details, log in to PSU and steal/destroy whatever you've worked for, and then use it to phish for more victims. If you report it to Microsoft rather than somehow wrestling control of it back yourself, they will sometimes (possibly always) ban the account and tell you to make a new one. Your new account will have no link to you PSU data, and you'll have to start from scratch with a new PSU ID.

In the past week alone I've seen what appears to be at least 4 new compromised accounts. I believe it is still Wallis/Pegasis at work.

You can protect yourself by doing the following:
    1) NEVER give out your Xbox Live account information, no site will ever ask you to enter it except Microsoft sites.
    2) Don't give out personal information to people you don't know, don't fill in your correct age or exact location on forums for example, try to use a different email address for your Live account. Make sure your Live password is a cryptic mass which resembles no real words (using e=3 will NOT cut it), write it down but not on your computer unless you encrypt the file.
    3) Set up a keypress combo password on your Live account - this is easy. At the dashboard, press the guide button, settings, account management, and 'Xbox LIVE Pass Code'. Set a keypress code and write it down somewhere. This won't prevent account retrieval, but you can set one of 10,000 combinations there - it will at least rob them of a useful victim account.

More information can be found following the forum link in my signature. Additionally, if you do see someone advertising such a site, while the Sega support site is down you can contact them by email at [email protected]

I don't know why Sega seem unable to get this under control, it's extremely serious and from a users point of view they're doing absolutely nothing about it.
    Xbox Live Falls under the Ownership and Jurisdiction of Microsoft.

One may report a scammer on a 360 server, but with SoA crippled and in shambles they have larger problems to the point that scammers, knowing this see this as their window to strike and take what they please.

Sorry, but until SEGA fixes their issues there really isn't anything they are going to do about it and Microsoft is not going to act on Xbox Live account hacking unless it hurts their assets in such a way they must respond.

The two bounded events depend on each other, but no solution is possible unless SEGA and Microsoft Cooperate with one another and since they don't see each other eye to eye, forget about getting any real help.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"