Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I wouldnt trust anything Edward says.

Considering he called us "Wayward" in his opening post returning here was insulting enough. Look up the definition of the word...its almost like we are that way simply because we aren't all registered into the 360 version and the official forums.
    Yeahhhh I think this may have been misread It was an affectionate greeting -- "wayward" because the official forums are down and that's where I'm used to communicating with PSU players. An acknowledgment that our boards & site are down, that it kinda sucks, and that it had been a while since we'd all spoken.

This is some Psych 101 but: The truth of the matter is if people are responding aggressively to that one word there's an undercurrent of hostility that has nothing to do with my vocab choice. Either it's because you don't like me (fair enough), you don't like the news I'm bringing (okay), or it's just fun to trash someone from SEGA because they're the messenger and they're talking to you somewhere where they can't ban you for your actions (probably). Or it's likely some combination of those!

So just so we're on the same page -- you're upset because you don't like not being told exactly what's coming / when it's coming; you don't like seeing different/reused weapon skins on new weapons here; you don't like that we're different from the JP version in general. And I'm guessing no one is happy about the PSU site & forums being down (and that includes me). I'm sure there's more but is that enough to be going on with?

I'm happy to be the community rep for PSU. I know where there's been problems & I know where there's been successes. Some of you can keep this in perspective while still discussing the issues the game has; some can't. That's how all community management is. I don't have the power to make things how you want them but I'll do my best to explain the way things are. If there's something I'm not saying, its not just that I'm withholding information I could tell you; it's that I'm limited in what I can talk about. That's just how most games are.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post
    I have seen Sega staff mock customers for believing they are entitled.
    Deservedly so! Gamers are a pretty entitled bunch and to actually discuss real game issues both company & customer have to be able to cut through that garbage. Saying that this represents an "uncensored" dialogue is pretty hilarious considering the number of people posting mindlessly aggressive stuff, and considering some of the trolling that people have gotten away with for years on the PSU official forums (yourself included). Go search the forums -- or you know, search them if they were up -- but there is no shortage of criticism. I never "censored" criticism so long as it wasn't an attack.

If you want to have a dialogue about this stuff, I'm happy to. But forums do not always represent a perfect dialogue -- they represent (at their worst) group think and reactionary opinions about things that don't actually matter as much as the emotions people put into them. Go ahead and tell me that's not how the internet works sometimes In order to have a dialogue about PSU we need to keep in perspective that this is a video game and we're all people who work on / play on it.

At their best, forums are a great way for a company to connect to the people who actually play -- and pay for -- their games; a chance to learn about issues & customer experience. For my part I make sure Japan is aware that our Western PSU audience is fanatically devoted to the game but is extremely dissatisfied when they feel like they're "second-class" citizens -- that even small differences will always be noticed and that this is a group of players who have supported their games for over a decade (or more).

That's the big picture, that's what I've been imparting to them for as long as I've been here, and I believe there's good people there who I work with who see and understand just how much success of Phantasy Star has come from the West. That doesn't mean everything with PSU will happen just the way you want it, but it does mean that there's every chance to improve the way we deal with this game -- and future games. I love this community and this franchise and I feel personally responsible for making sure these concerns get to Japan and this game (and future games) are improved. I'll keep working for that regardless of how my use of "wayward" gets misconstrued. :P

Well Edward, I'm glad you feel that way about the franchise, but let's face it - the non-JP PSU servers are never going to be equal to Japan's content at this rate. You might as well just tell the other people at Sega to just shut the 360 servers down too, because too many people are livid about the state of things over the past few years... myself included. Not enough information is given out to the community about what is going on in Sega.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Well Edward, I'm glad you feel that way about the franchise, but let's face it - the non-JP PSU servers are never going to be equal to Japan's content at this rate. You might as well just tell the other people at Sega to just shut the 360 servers down too, because too many people are livid about the state of things over the past few years... myself included. Not enough information is given out to the community about what is going on in Sega.
    Got it. Tell Japan to shut down the servers because you want to know more about what's going on, even though no video game company operates with total transparency like you're asking.

If no one else has any objections I'll go ahead and let Japan know Tetsaru said we can shut things down? Yeah? Sound good?

And the sarcasm doesn't really help customers become less livid, Edward.
    I'm Boomadatigger and if you can't speak freely you're simply not free.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KnightSabers01?feature=mhee

No but it is fun to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    And yeah, I do suck

Quote Originally Posted by xBULLYDOGG View Post
    No but it is fun to read.
    Till he gets that pink slip.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I know it will be almost impossible to do this, but could you at least try to make 360 have the free course system? I know most of you are gonna be like "STP SUGGTING STUD THINGS!!!111" I know it will be hard since you guys are dealing with M$. Have you consider trying to do that Edward? Or maybe give new players like 15 days to play PSU for free? Sure it might bring back the spam bots back from the Demo but if you really want to keep the game alive at this point, you're going to have to try.

IMO having a monthly fee on a Dungeon Crawler isn't worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardAges View Post
    Got it. Tell Japan to shut down the servers because you want to know more about what's going on, even though no video game company operates with total transparency like you're asking.

If no one else has any objections I'll go ahead and let Japan know Tetsaru said we can shut things down? Yeah? Sound good?
    Well, if you want to keep making people angry and lose business, that's your call. I can always go play some FFXIV... which is still free-to-play, btw, because Square-Enix realized that their original dev team screwed up. Perhaps you guys could learn from them.

Besides (and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me), I'd rather play a new game that has some promise rather than keep playing a shitty game that's been run into the ground.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Well, if you want to keep making people angry and lose business, that's your call. I can always go play some FFXIV... which is still free-to-play, btw, because Square-Enix realized that their original dev team screwed up. Perhaps you guys could learn from them.

Besides (and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me), I'd rather play a new game that has some promise rather than keep playing a shitty game that's been run into the ground.
    You can play DCUO too. It's practically problem free compared to PSU. And customer service is superb.

I read SE and SEGA and think this;

If only.

And if only it wasn't turn based.
    And all cinimatic.

Ok I like the HUD, sue me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    And yeah, I do suck