Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Default Concept art Characters

I want to talk about this picture:
    Spoiler!

It's clear that are a few classes blurred out on purpose here.

Starting on the furthest left column from top to bottom we have:
    HUmar HUnewearl
    RAmar RAmarl
    FOmar FOmarl
    HUcast HUcaseal
    RAcast RAcaseal (blurred)

So to make up the original (GC) twelve we are missing; FOnewm & FOnewearl.

On the right of them we see fifteen more possible characters.
    (Now I know this game is being made along side PSPoi, so does anyone recognize those other characters to be part of the PSP series?)

We saw a male Newman in the trailer video that was using a rifle we dubbed him "RAnewm", and that looks like him to the right of the HUnewearl. And if the formula stays the same to the right of him would be the RAnewearl. Although we saw a RAnewearl in the video and that picture looks nothing like her. It looks more like the HUnewearl on his left, which makes more sense.

So that leaves fourteen unknown characters with the two Newan FOs absent, making a shocking twelve truly unknown character photos.

So it's time to speculate some more! (Don't we all love doing that here)
    It's my belief that SEGA has double the characters for PSO2 and may have even added two new or previously seen races (Dumans, Beasts). The figure to the right of the FOmarl makes me think of a Beast, and the lower blurred photos appear to be very robotic or alien-like.

What are your thoughts, do you think the character select wont be as specific? Maybe you just pick your race and gender like in PSU then customize from there. Do you think they could have made a fourth class as well, besides HU FO RA, possibly a Trapper or Beastmaster/Summoner of sorts?
    Last edited by ARASHIKAGE; Jul 22, 2011 at 03:47 AM.

I think they're going to have the 2 basic classes with 1 more...like, Braver/Vanguard class or something.

I think those on the side are NPC designs, and maybe some story characters.

-Wayu

Well considering that we saw a FOmarl in the trailer who later becomes a HUmarl with the same hair and color, possibly a class change system.

And none of those characters ever existed in PSP2i, just that there are cast parts that resemble the fourth row and the fourth picture from the top looks like the default male newman for the character create in PSP2i.

That's all I can guess from it.

Or you know those could be just original costumes they don't want to be revealed at this point.

Speculation!

Well PSU had flashy clothing, and then PSP2 brought them to a whole new level.

I also can't shake the feeling that the last picture on the top row resembles Emilia from PSPo2.

I still say the big yellow dark-skinned guy is a Beast, or a resurrected HUnewm.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

I wouldn't consider the art to portray anything more than costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    I still say the big yellow dark-skinned guy is a Beast
    Yeah that's what I've been hoping it is.

Pioneer II, Clyez City, Clad 6, and the Arks Lobby.

They could be NPCs that you meet up in game.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I can't help you there, man

All I can say is if theres 3 classes for every race, including 2 different designs for each gender and there are 3 races. we would have (3x3)*2-2 assuming CASTs wouldn't have force outfits(who knows)

That would be a maximum of 16 base character designs, unless there was an extra class.

But that's only going with what we know so far about the class system, seeing as how we've only seen 3 and the only thing making them solid is the outfits to match them. But seeing as there was a Racast using a 2h sword in one picture I'd assume those are just base outfits by now.

That being said the rest would have to be either NPC's, or extra races. But of course some or ALL of the default outfits are NPCs as well...

The best we can really do with the big blur is try to guess genders and match them to classes.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.