Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Enemies

Perhaps there are non-instanced (Along with Instanced) worlds this time.

Could finally call a PS game an actual MMO!

It's always been an MMO. The only reason someone wouldn't call it that is because most other MMOs simply refuse to use instanced areas, while PSO completely relies on them.

Take a game like Gunbound for example. Definitely an MMO, but the most players you can interact with in-game is 6, i believe. Just because PSO was primarily instanced doesn't mean you couldn't interact with a massive number of players online at once.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    This game looks great to me, but that's only because im comparing it to PSO and PSU. To anyone on the outside looking in, they'd probably assume this game was made 5 years ago....
    PSU looks like it was developed from 2001-2002 and released 2003-2004. Makes sense if PSO2 looks like a PC game from 2006-2007, wouldn't you say?

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    It's always been an MMO. The only reason someone wouldn't call it that is because most other MMOs simply refuse to use instanced areas, while PSO completely relies on them.

Take a game like Gunbound for example. Definitely an MMO, but the most players you can interact with in-game is 6, i believe. Just because PSO was primarily instanced doesn't mean you couldn't interact with a massive number of players online at once.
    It must have been awhile since you've played an MMO then.

Almost ALL MMOs use instances now, in fact the most popular ones tend to revolve around them.

Ehh, I wouldn't call PSO or PSU MMO's, especially PSU, since the population was so split up. Online RPG's, yes, but not massively multiplayer. If Sega actually does a good job with PSO2 and advertises it, then maybe it could reach MMO status. Even then, I'd think there would need to be an expansive overworld in order to accommodate everyone.

Back on-topic though, I'm glad to see some new screenshots, and I'll be looking forward to the announcements on the 26th.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

[insert obligatory "OH THIS AGAIN" image]

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

There you go Michaeru. Because im really not going through this again.

people are whining about the ground texture? OMG. It's a "worm's eye view" camera angle, which I'm sure is not the default camera angle in the game.

When one is playing I think people should not give a frak about the ground texture. This isn't going to have Crysis 2 level graphics ffs.
    What matters IMO is gameplay, not how the ground looks on zoomed in close-ups.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

And as much as it may not matter to you, do know that it not only matters to other people who DO care, but people who DONT as well, if you catch my drift.

In other words, people (especially in USA) will judge a game based on its graphics in a heartbeat. PSO2 is 1) anime inspired and 2) so far, somewhat lacking in the graphic polish department. Thats two fatal strikes already.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    people are whining about the ground texture? OMG.
    Welcome to the PSO2 sub-forum.