Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Enemies

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    5) Is...that a Mag on that Racast's back in the last picture? It looks too off of the color scheme to be part of his outfit...
    Was thinking that too, but didn't want to get anyone's hopes up... >.>

Is that a RAcaseal and HUcast I see in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    That Ramar looks epic in that last screen shot, man. I actually dig that outfit alot, at least so far from the back.

On first glance i thought that was a Hucaseal with that hair, but now from the stance (and rifle) im pretty positive thats a Ramarl.

And jesus christ, that Rockbear is literally boss sized. If he's truely a miniboss type enemy like in PSO, then the bosses are about to be taken up to eleven on this game. If he can actually pick you up and THROW you like the caption suggests, then i'll be so happy. It means they're finally going to allow more than 2 states for you to be damaged in. (hit back and Knocked Down)

Pay close attention to these outfits, guys. In the last screenshot, Racast has an object on him that 1) resembles a mag and 2) do not belong on his original outfit. Maybe it's a mag? Or maybe a Frame? (A neat alternative to lineshields, lol)

Finally, if you guys look at the Action Pallete down there, it looks like the tiny "R" has been put there once again. Perhaps this means you're able to Switch now? It was not there in the original screenshots or the video. In fact, alot of HUD things have changed a bit. It's a bit disappointing to know the EXP bar is not the PB gauge (even though the PSO one was shared with your color icon so wutever), but i noticed they put the Enemy Data window back in the bottom right corner, and the icons are different.

Edit: No, pretty much confirmed at this point the Window Switching is back. If you look really closely under her attack buttons on the first screenshot, there's a tiny text that says "Shift".

Edit Again:

And also, if you notice (and i pretty much knew they'd do this), that thing we spectulated to be a "Combo Gauge" or the "Chain Gauge" has been removed for the last screenshot, which appears to belong to the Force.

Hot damn. What a wonderful thing to look at as i drink my morning coffee! Man i love this franchise.
    Digging the RAmar also. Not thinking that's a mag, but what do I know
    Also loving the air casting!!!!

Man that Hildebear-type looks like its blinged-out cousin or something. Must be a sub-boss or similar too if there's a cutscene devoted to it...

Indeed it does look like that last group player's name is obscured by the pop-up chat box. I'm counting 9 entities total (if you count that blue disembodied name in the mid-left side of the screenshot), so maybe 4 players that brought in their own 4 NPC characters (I'm assuming something like PMs, I guess), and then a quest-specific NPC.

Really, I'm guessing as I've been inactive in the PS world for a while, but regardless nice screens; can't wait to see if anything drops from the alpha test.

Yeah I'm thinking that's 4 players and the rest are NPCs helping out that don't take up party space anymore. Ether that or 2 teams of players which would be very interesting. Loving the new miniboss. These are great screens of the game. Can't wait to see what info they release on the 26th.

I very much doubt it'll be an open world setting, that'd totally ruin the point of randomised blocks wouldn't it?

I would love it if there's a new system allowing two parties of 4 to take on the same mission though, could open up some fresh idea's for the series.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Maybe they separate NPC's from the actual party slots, but at the same time interrupt-events add more people and it becomes a mess. Possibly only story characters getting the blue names while the interrupt-event characters still have white names like the players.

Also I doubt that thing on that CASTs back is a mag... It looks more like some sort of attachment than something just floating on his back.

But since he's the only one that has it, could be some CAST exclusive thing. (Like SUVS.)

And yeah, the map kinda just screams "not an open field" I hope we won't be getting tricked like with PSU's HD dynamic angle screenshots.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Jul 22, 2011 at 10:00 AM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Well it's pretty obvious the fields arent completely open. Just look at the map.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Yeah I was just saying that because I think someone else brought up open fields. <_>

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I don't think that it's "two teams" of players. I think that the characters with the blue names over their heads are players, and the ones with the white names are NPCs. That's just my thought, though.