Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323940414243 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphicDemon View Post
    I have nothing against Sonic, I loved the older games. A lot of the recent ones have sucked though. I just hate the fact that Sega refuses to advertise anything but Sonic related games. Whoever is in charge of marketing and advertising in Sega should be castrated then shot repeatedly.
    LOL, you are right though. IMO, everything after SAB2 was garbage, except for Heroes and Colors.

Seriously, either the guy's a big Sonic fan or he just dislikes every other SEGA series.

"Do you feel lucky?"

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacGravity View Post
    Dimps played a hand in Sonic 4?! I paid no attention to that game's development (didn't like what it stood for) so this is a bit surprising...

About fanbases, I was referring to them and their actions these days(years) in general. As one voice, not just the individual fragments of them. Because honestly, it goes farther than the more noticeable points you just pointed out. Much farther. (Also, I said Square in general. Dissecting FF by itself is complicated esp. since it runs deeper than JUST yaoi fans and FF7 ppl who are again merely the loudest)

And that, along with your comment about side games is pretty much where I'm trying to come from: Why should Sonic's games and base be singled out for public execution and humiliation in one big lump while the others are quietly ignored and fragments of problems be separated when called on?

EX: "Bad/lackluster Sonic games these days". This is thrown around in general. This includes main and true side games like Riders and... Shadow. (depending on your outlook) But this also sweeps the better/decent/good games under the brush. And suddenly Colors comes along and gets piss loads of praise and for what? Being Unleashed but without a badass Werehog (EDIT: Voiced by Tomokazu Seki).

That said, I understand the frustration a lot of people feel about the game they want to come there getting ignored. Hell, I still blame Sands of Destruction and all its easy marketability gains for shooting down 7th Dragon's chances but screamed at the Yakuza people: "AT LEAST YOU GUYS ARE GETTING YOUR GAME!" when they pissed and moaned about content being taken out of Yakuza 3.

Sonic is their international breadwinner whether many like it here or not. I support/root for the games worth playing. No more no less. My frustration isn't focused at him (nor do I consider a lot of the "fans" fans), for being Sega's popular IP (and scapegoat), my eyes are focused on other factors who are more deserving of the annoyance.

Speaking of Yakuza, VC and the like... At least Sega (though half-assedly) ATTEMPTED to chuck them out there. It seems to be a "just deal with it!" bit with SoA (I assume there's higher reasons for that going beyond just being lazy.) I'm noticing. VC2's treatment was better than PSPo2's so it getting the same end result is actually a little funny for me.

Also, I'd never be so quick to glorify Nintendo's IP tactics, ever. But that's me.
    They outright screwed up making Sands of Destruction as they couldn't make up their mind to either appeal to kids or to stick to the original anime/manga plot. I'm not sure if Sega could have released 7th Dragon without catching flak from Atlus (fromer Etrian Oydessy staff worked on 7th dragon), though if they localized it well, EO would have some competition indeed. Same goes for if Sega did SoD RIGHT!

Honestly I'm hoping at the moment that Sonic Generations does things right for once as Sonic 4's lackluster showing was disapointing. (Yes, some people blame Dimps for it)

And I'm not sure if Shadow is actually a side project or not, hard to tell with sonic games as far as we know, Sega's whipping the current Sonic team into churning out games. I think the biggest difference between mario and Sonic at this point is that most of the original Mario staff is still around and working on the games while I'm not sure how much of the original sonic team is left at Sega.

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphicDemon View Post
    I have nothing against Sonic, I loved the older games. A lot of the recent ones have sucked though. I just hate the fact that Sega refuses to advertise anything but Sonic related games. Whoever is in charge of marketing and advertising in Sega should be castrated then shot repeatedly.
    THIS. It's also part of why the sonic series catches so much flak... sega insists on advertising the hell out of anything sonic as opposed to the main series. Mario in contrast only has the main games (and better quality spin offs) advertised.
    Last edited by StriderTuna; Aug 12, 2011 at 01:28 AM.

Fox, Legend of Light Elijah Fox's Avatar

Well i'm hearing a lot about Sonic and Mario... (and I forgot how we got to this subject)

So, which do you like more, Sonic or Mario series? I like Mario and play from time to time, but at heart I love the Sonic series more. Love hitting top speed!!

Oh, and can you TRY to resist flaming me for saying this?

EDIT: I've never played Colors, but I heard that your final grade is made by your total points and not speed. Is this true?
    Frenzy Blast Vs. Infinity Blast?? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah Fox View Post
    Well i'm hearing a lot about Sonic and Mario... (and I forgot how we got to this subject)
    Everything on this site goes off topic, just take a look at the PSO2 board.

Well, it's not long we could talk about how we're all hoping for Infinity for 42 pages, is it?

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Hey guys, I heard PSO3 is coming out soon. thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Hey guys, I heard PSO3 is coming out soon. thoughts?
    Why are you posting that in the PSP forum section?
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Fox, Legend of Light Elijah Fox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zynetic View Post
    Well, it's not long we could talk about how we're all hoping for Infinity for 42 pages, is it?
    Its cool that we were talking bout Sonic, I was just saying I forgot how we ended up getting around to Sonic.
    Frenzy Blast Vs. Infinity Blast?? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah Fox View Post
    Its cool that we were talking bout Sonic, I was just saying I forgot how we ended up getting around to Sonic.
    It was mentioned that Sega only seems to care about Sonic despite the series of rather lackluster games as of late.

Princess of the Eternal Flowers Masterflower's Avatar

I think Sega of America should merge with another company. Thats why they get all the help they need ;p.
    Just another same old day.