Page 164 of 206 FirstFirst ... 64114154161162163164165166167174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2054

Thread: Q-gallery V

Quote Originally Posted by kazuuya View Post
    Hey, I would give that fair lady a smoocher as well. Anyway been a while since I last commented and I have to say your art has improved a lot Q! Not that it wasn't stunning before, quite the contrary you went from stunning to ultra stunning! (You could also say that.. I'm unable to move! Alright I'll see myself out.)

No but really I especially love those portraits you did, referencing the copies! They look very charming and have a lot of character in my opinion! Also the colours in your works always make me happy, you always use wonderful colour palettes. Now let's hope I don't disappear for the next 5 years again, because you definitely deserve more comments!
    I-I-I don't deserve such compliments! I have such a long way ahead of me! I still suck on so many levels, though I do intend to stop with my practice in 2017 and do some requests and just art, to see how well I can apply what I have learned.

Have you made any art in between all those years? Don't you have something like a deviant art where I can follow you?

Good stuff Sir, good stuff.
    Busy doing nothing...

Thanks, thanks!

Heres another one: Older Q for a change!

Yo. Been a long, long time. I see you're still chuggin' along. You've gotten a lot better at faces, and looking at your other work, backgrounds. Though this most recent one kinda has a creepy effect. I dunno if that's uncanny valley or her eyes just being different (but human faces aren't symmetrical anyways so... dunno.) Q looks rather British there, or maybe that's just me. Anyways, carry on, dude.

*pops in*

You've been doing so well Q, I've been watching your progress since basically I've been registered here and you've improved so much. You really are an inspiration to us who are trying to improve as well. I'm so awe-struck over your recent pics and yeah.

*goes back into a cave*

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I agree with the uncanny effect. It's like, these are getting too realistic, so any flaws stand out. That being said, I think the last two before elder Q are the best looking faces I've seen you make.

@Sord: Yup! been a very very long time! PSO-W is where my art journey started and it's still where I stick around! This place always helped me a ton to keep myself motivated (at least a LOT more then DeviantArt).

@Ami: Thanks! I hope I can keep being inspirational for all others like me. Hard work sure does the job when you don't seem to have any 'talent' for something! I am gonna do lots of request again starting 2017, to see how far I can push my current skills after all the practice, until I hit my next wall, so I can start with practicing again.

@Zora: Aw.. and here I thought I finally made a good face! Though I guess getting uncanny is sort off a compliment, because that means I am getting close (I actually had that uncanny feeling a bit with young Q). It's just that I am sad that I am not seeing it myself (yet). Maybe if I look at it, a year later.

Off course I won't stick to super realism, but I first need to learn the rules before I can break them! I was looking mostly for diversity in my faces, because someone pointed out all my faces had a certain look, so I was like, oh nope nope nope! Gotta fix that! Getting more realistic is a nice side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    [...] I was looking mostly for diversity in my faces, because someone pointed out all my faces had a certain look, so I was like, oh nope nope nope! Gotta fix that! Getting more realistic is a nice side effect.
    You mean like "Same-Face-Syndrome"? In my honest opinion your works definitely don't suffer of Same-Face-Syndrome! And if you feel bad about them, you should look at the works of the official PSO2 artist(s), because that's what I call real Same-Face-Syndrome, all their females look exactly the same! In your case I feel it's more of like an aspect that makes your works more recognizeable, a sweet tiny touch you might maybe not even realize yourself! Even though your works already are extremely recognizeable due to your overall style and the way you paint. Although it of course never hurts to try out new things!

Main Twitter - PSO2/Idola Twitter
    Idola ID - 416,416,656

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Yeah, I'm thinking it might be a sign of you improving. I mean, compare this to older stuff and there's no competition. It's just, faces are really hard and we're really good at spotting when something's wrong with it. So when you go as detailed as you are now, and are off by just a bit, alarms go off in our heads.
    Have you considered stylizing faces in some way to give them less detail, but more personality? Or are you hoping to just power through it until you can make perfect faces?

And, on the plus side, at least this makes you really good at creepy faces!
    Last edited by Zorafim; Dec 16, 2016 at 09:36 PM.

Haha! hmmm creepy faces! Maybe I should do some creepy stuff soon.

Anyway, more portrait, less human, more green!