Page 25 of 206 FirstFirst ... 15222324252627283575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Q-gallery V

@Slidikins: Sure, just drop your request!

@CoC: Thanks! (where have you been!?)

All right, let's see if I can write out what's in my mind...

Firstly, style: I like the style used in "Q PSO2 style" though if you don't have the time for that I also like the sketchier style used in "future girl uno sketch 2." I'll let you decide which style is better (for you and the image) once you lay it out, I guess.

Subject (Foreground): My RAmar, Riiko, as seen above posed something like this. In her hands should be a rifle-type weapon, ideally a Frozen Shooter. Feel free to make the weapon smaller for aesthetics, Frozen Shooters were quite large in PSO. Bonus points if she appears battle-worn. Her mag, a black Bhima should be nearby. Riiko, like the picture, is slender but athletic. Not too busty but not flat either (I would say a B cup). Complexion as pictured, green eyes, dark brown (nearly black) hair. Despite being in the field her expression should be calm or indifferent.

Cliff Notes:
    Class: RAmarl
    Section ID: Purplenum
    Weapon: Frozen Shooter
    MAG: Bhima (Black)

Background: Riiko should be in the Mines (1 or 2, but 2 would make for a better background if battle-worn, I think). Broken pieces of Gilchics or Dubchics or other Machine creatures can be scattered about implying she just killed them. How you handle the lighting/shading will probably make or break the atmosphere, but I'm sure you'll do it well.

If you need to know anything else, feel free to ask. I lurk around PSOW while at work, so I should respond fairly quickly.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

I can do that style. I still have a week off in the new year, so I have plenty of time. One day should be enough for such a drawing.

Oh, and YEAH for the afro

When it comes to requests, Q is always the best! No really, you always deliver unlike some other artists around here.. >> Anyways, looking forward to that fine lady with the fro. ;>

Hmm yeah, imo when you promise something, then you also must deliver. Also, I simply love drawing, so it's fun for me to do anyway

This new years eve I was @ my parents, so I did three little concepts for the fro girl. I think the 3rd one looks the best. Didn't use reference for the anatomy, so yeah.. looks a little messed up.

Three concepts, what a nice way to start the year @.@

I agree, the 3rd one came out the best. You seemed to have a lot more fun with that one. The anatomy has its issues as you said, but otherwise I like the feel of it a lot. If you can fit in the Bhima somehow that would be great, but it's looking good as is (One thing to note: the battle damage I requested would only apply to the original request, any other concepts don't need it.)

Concept #2 (the one I requested) is hard to comment on without the background, but other than some small anatomy issues (left leg being the most apparent) I don't have any qualms. Maybe turning her head downward towards the weapon? I dunno, I like leaving those decisions in the hands of the artist. Usually comes out better that way.

The first one was an unexpected bonus. I always pictured Riiko as someone with softer features typical of an Afro-Asian/"Blasian" person (see: Crystal Kay), but I like the look of it none the less.

Most importantly: LOVE THE AFRO Can't wait to see more!
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Lovely portrait and the third one is really amazing!! Great sketches Q!! And I completely agree about keeping promises.

@Slidikins:
    I love drawing in my sketchbook when I somewhere else and I love your character. Lot's of fun to draw her All these concepts are bonus, cause here follows the lay-out for the requested artwork. You ok with a scene like this? I tried a bit of a lower camera angle, since Riiko is on her knees (else you'd look down upon her). She is in Mines 2 with some destroyed Gilcichs in the BG.

I wanted to start on this a bit earlier, but I was asked to lay the new floor in the living room, so I have to split my time to draw a bit. I do think I can finish it this week

I will try to make her face as 'asian' as I can. I still have a hard time drawing such facial features. Closest I've ever come was this one: http://sappel.deviantart.com/gallery...et=72#/d2iyupg

@Mimo:
    Thanks I think my 'life-drawing' practices are starting to pay off, even when I don't use reference, I slowly start to 'get' it.

Oh..

And this was my submission for the contest. I actually feel guilty for making such a sloppy artwork. I didn't put much time in it at all, although it does reflect my most fond memory: First time walking trough Park Forest..

Last edited by qoxolg; Jan 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    @Slidikins:
    You ok with a scene like this?
    Absolutely no qualms here~ Also, I love the picture you linked as an example Asian face.

If anything, you're more than welcome to "zoom" in on Riiko. The wide shot is great, but since the focus is more-so her than the Mines making her larger works too. I'd outline an example but I'm at work (tsk tsk) and composition was never my specialty.

I was trying to figure out which of the images was your entry throughout the voting period, but guess I'm not familiar enough with your stuff after all. ^_^'

Anyway as I said, good show. ^_^ I was pretty impressed you managed to get something out so fast - the time I take to get something out is something I'm still working to improve on.