Page 26 of 206 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728293676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Q-gallery V

@Slidikins: The resolution will be high enough for you to crop the image yourself afterwards. When I digitally paint I prefer landscape for some reason. Usually because with a portrait picture you end up with either lots of sky and ground or empty sides.

@Crystal_Shard: Guess I was able to hide my style bit by keeping it very rough. Actually, I usually add one more level of detail to my pictures like this one:
    Spoiler!

There are two things that made me faster:
    1. Don't procrastinate (obvious )
    2. Digital painting. While I still draw pictures with outlines, I never do a background, cause it's way to much work (I've once done a commission with a lined background which took me more then 20 hours to finish). When digital painting I can finish a complete picture with background in something like 8 hours.

Ah, that looks more like your usual style.

I've moved to an all digital workflow for quite some time now, and I've gotten around procrastination by having regular "study group sessions" with a good friend of mine. To be honest, I feel my lack of practice is probably the main thing holding my speed back. RL's always getting in the way of practice time, but that can't be helped I guess. ^_^

I'm not sure how often you've drawn Beast characters from PSU, as I don't think I've ever seen any of your art depict them, so I'm kind of curious as to how you would do it. If you'd indulge me, try your hand at this sort of pose when you have time:

Spoiler!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    @Slidikins: The resolution will be high enough for you to crop the image yourself afterwards. When I digitally paint I prefer landscape for some reason. Usually because with a portrait picture you end up with either lots of sky and ground or empty sides.
    That all makes perfect sense and gives me a lot of options/wiggle room while cropping for different purposes. I just didn't want you to spend a lot of time painting scenery that may be cut away more often than not.

Also, thanks again for doing this, I need to figure out a way to make it more worth your time
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

@Crystal_Shard: I have the opposite. My drawing time gets in the way of my life What does help speeding up is: Actually studying stuff like anatomy and perspective. When you start guessing stuff, is when you slow down, cause you always come to this point of where you see there is something worn, but you have no clue how to fix it. Another thing that helps when working digital, is by trying to cut down the amount of layers as much as possible. The more you do on a single layer, the faster you will get.

@BIG_OLAF:
    I've done some beasts.. here in chronological order (starting somewhere in 2007)
    Spoiler!

So you want me to draw your beast girl in that pose? what kind of style you want? I'll put it on the request list
    Last edited by qoxolg; Jan 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

Here is the more detailed sketch. Will start painting next

That looks... awesome Can't wait to see it colored!

It kind of looks like she's taking a casual souvenir photo after clearing out the region. Adds to the bravado, methinks
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    So you want me to draw your beast girl in that pose? what kind of style you want? I'll put it on the request list
    I'm not sure what kind of style I like the best. They all look good. Out of the images you posted, I like the 2nd, 4th, and 5th ones better, though.

@Slidikins: Okay cool! here is a little status update. I finished the first rough paint layer. If you squint your eyes you will start to get an idea of what it will be like. I will probably add 1 level of detail to the BG and 2 levels of detail to the character. That way it will still look good when you crop it as a portrait picture.

@BIG OLAF: Some of those pictures are quite old. Right now I have two styles to choose from:
    1. Linework, but with no BG (lining a BG is to much work). Here an example of my latest pic like that:
    Spoiler!

2. Digital Painting, this will have a complete BG. Here some examples:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by qoxolg; Jan 5, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

The "Detailed" Digital Painting looks really good. I like that one a lot. Try your hand at that.