Page 34 of 206 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536374484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Q-gallery V

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    @Slidikins:
    Okay, Forest 1 or Forest 2?
    Hmm, Forest 2. It's bleaker, and has the Central Dome in the background if whitespace needs to be reduced.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

hmm okay, thats cool!

I won't pick it up this week, but will do next week! I have some other stuff to do this week, so won't draw much, maybe some random doodles to keep my skills sharp.

No rush, no rush. You do all of this pro bono so don't feel inclined to push other things aside. Though I wouldn't mind seeing the random sketches in the meantime if you have the time to post them.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

One random doodles.

Not very satisfied with the result. Oh well, nice try. At least it wasn't a commission

You call this "just" a doodle? x__x Holy moly, Q you are like the painting god, if that's just a doodle! I really love the picture, it has this kind of wonderland magic in it.

Main Twitter - PSO2/Idola Twitter
    Idola ID - 416,416,656

I called it a doodle, because I promised a doodle. It initially was intended to be a quick paint and although I made this faster then the commissions I've done, it still took quite a few hours. No worries, I'm no painting god

It's a bit messy, but thanks for liking the idea/design

I came up with this first idea for slidikins request. It's more an idea for the layout. Nothing mayor

Hey, with the doodle.. would the image lose shape if you didnt have the girl? She seems...very out of place to the rest of the chemistry to me.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

No, I drew the BG first, so I made sure it looked fine on it's own, though I did intend to put a character in it from the start. This was actually the second character. The first one REALLY didn't fit. With this one I tried my best to merge the colors and the curly/twirling shapes in her hair and parts of the clothing. I actually wanted the whole thing painted like the sky part, but I had a award time figuring out how to do that without messing up

This is what it looks like without the character:

1) The doodle looks better without the girl in my opinion. Sometimes a landscape just needs to be a landscape. The figure looks out of place, but I can't put my finger on why. Speaking of fingers, her right hand seems a bit chopped.

2) Can't say too much based on the layout, but I always imagined savage wolves to be.. well, larger. Those look like pups in comparison to what leaps at Riiko on PSO:BB. I'll leave it at that until there's more to go off of. Also: the background looks off to a great start