Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Caeruleus View Post
    What would be the New York time to for this to start? I'm a little impatient and I fear I might mess up when trying to record this. '
    If I read correctly, for Eastern time, it'd be 1:50 AM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    3:00 AM is when it officially starts, but I think Mike said the link will open at 2:50 AM.
    Thanks Olaf and I too am going to gauge whether or not to buy on release from this press release. I'm not going to fully base it off this though, there are other aspects I am concerned about.

EDIT: Well now, 1:50 or 3:00 AM? That is quite the time difference gentlefolk.

I thought that it was a 12 hour time difference between Japan and the US East Coast?

Ah, it says that they'll finally be revealing the character creation portion of PSO2. Guess I'll find out tonight whether or not PSO2 will be a "buy on release" title for me.
    Rrrrrrrright. Everyone here is buying the game. We wouldn't be checking screens & info if we weren't excited. Some of us are buying gaming PC's just for this one game.
    So if they don't have bikinis you're done??? Wow!

Character creation screens are always something I look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    So if they don't have bikinis you're done??? Wow!
    That's not what I said, was it? A large chunk of my enjoyment in RPG-type games comes from a good, in-depth character customization system. Bikinis don't have anything to do with it. I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Also, I didn't say I was never going to get the game. I just said that it wouldn't be a priority based on whether or not the customization features suck.

EDIT: Oh, and I looked it up. I was mistaken. Japan is a 13-hour time difference, if I'm reading it right. For some reason, it's confusing me.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jul 25, 2011 at 08:59 PM.

That's not what I said, was it? A large chunk of my enjoyment in RPG-type games comes from a good, in-depth character customization system. Bikinis don't have anything to do with it. I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Also, I didn't say I was never going to get the game. I just said that it wouldn't be a priority based on whether or not the customization features suck.
    I actually agree with that. A character in an RPG needs to be able to be customized so that you can have the full immersion into the fantasy world. And to me Phantasy Star is one of those RPGs where it is most necessary to have customization to make it feel right when you play it.

EDIT: Oh, and I looked it up. I was mistaken. Japan is a 13-hour time difference, if I'm reading it right. For some reason, it's confusing me.
    Nobody wants to play an ARPG with 1,000 clones running around so i understand why "more customization" was a key feature. I just hope it's done wisely. Either way I'm buying Day 1 & am impressed enuff with the default PSOish models.
    Don't take it personal Olaf. =)

ACCURACY CHECK TIME.

Japan is UTC +9.
    US East Coast is UTC -5.

That's a sixteen hour time difference. UTC +5 is in the realm of, oh, around western India.

So 2:50 PM in Japan is (flip to AM, add four hours) 6:50 AM on the East Coast.

Edit: Okay, hold on, this is REALLY CONFUSING.

I need to check multiple sources. Gimme a few.

Edit #2: Y'know what? Screw this. Absolutely none of my sources are consistent with each other. One shows a 13-hour time difference, another 14, and just going by UTC gives me a 16-hour time difference.

WTF, world?! Why can't you be consistent?!

Edit #3: Oh, bloody hell. Apparently I can't do basic arithmetic. 14 hours is correct, but then you have to account for daylight savings time, which changes it to a 13-hour difference.

Or something like that.

I hate time.
    Last edited by Zyrusticae; Jul 25, 2011 at 09:23 PM.

As of this the it is currently 11:21am in Japan. You have 4 hours and 29 minutes to get prepared.