Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pioneer II, Clyez City, Clad 6, and the Arks Lobby.

Default GameGuard Possible In PSO2?

Knowing Sega, we all know that they have always relied on using GameGuard to "protect" there servers from hackers. Also, knowing hackers, they are known for easily bypassing GameGuard. With PSO2 sometime coming soon, we have to wonder, will Sega continue there tradition of using GameGuard, which allows hackers to continue to ruin the Phantasy Star games, or will they be smart and either make there own protection, have GM support constantly in game, or use a better third party protection program?

Also, woo hoo! 100th post written!

Excuse my language, but BOY i fucking hope not.

Gameguard might as well be a virus in itself...

Gameguard would basically be a invitation to hackers.

Good scenario would be them coding their server "well" and have GMs around for assistance.

Bad scenario, leave all sorts of important things client sided and try to mask it with Gameguard. + Having 0 GMs around 99% of the time.

We'll only be able to tell when the game actually comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Gameguard would basically be a invitation to hackers.

Good scenario would be them coding their server "well" and have GMs around for assistance.

Bad scenario, leave all sorts of important things client sided and try to mask it with Gameguard. + Having 0 GMs around 99% of the time.

We'll only be able to tell when the game actually comes out.
    Thats exactly what I mentioned in my last post. Im hoping for Sega to wise up and make there own protection or have GMs on at all times.

Even if they have a moderate amount of GMs around most of the time, it'll mean nothing if it runs on Gameguard.

A lot of potential cheating will go in the background at least for those who don't want to get banned that will probably effect the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Even if they have a moderate amount of GMs around most of the time, it'll mean nothing if it runs on Gameguard.

A lot of potential cheating will go in the background at least for those who don't want to get banned that will probably effect the economy.
    True, GameGuard, even with GMs, is not a good thing. Id take a game with no protection but GMs everywhere then the same thing but with GameGuard added to it.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I don't even want to think of the possibility of Gameguard being used again.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Gameguard was just retarded. You had to run/update it before you could even get on the game, and if I recall, you had to use it when you were playing OFFLINE as well... WTF??

Get rid of that shit and have a competent GM team overseeing the game 24/7 that you can report issues to in-game.

*OHBOYEE 3,000th post!*

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I'd have anything but GameGuard tbh. It's more a pain in the neck instead of security.
    Would be nice if SEGA did implement their own security, 24/7 support thing. Well, they better do it if they want PSO2 to be mega successful. I know I'd want that anyway.
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

All I have to say is I hope they can control the cheaters this time around. If they fail as bad as they did with PSO back on the Gamecube I am definitely not going to tolerate it. I sincerely hope they allow for some sort of personal backup or at least don't force it to be server side saving because PSO is the type of game to drag on for years and years and there will always be lots of stragglers that want to continue playing. So I hope Sega has taken this into consideration for the future.