Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    CFW is something of sorts, it allows playing games from your computer monitor, accessing 'modified' games, and the like, but we can't get into too much detail about it as per the forum rules.

Also, if you do skip PSP1 you can use the save I have provided in this thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187961 and convert a character over to PSP2 for import bonuses such as a nice saber that will last you well into your 20's.
    Ah ok, I can understand not being allowed to talk about that kind of stuff in too much detail. Thanks for the quick run-down, all the same.

Thanks also for the link - I'll definitely have to check that out once I get the game. Speaking of which, is there any particular reason to get the physical copy of the game versus the digital? I've been having a hard time tracking down a physical copy of the game (at least locally) and since I'm getting the 3000, I figured I might just go with the digital route. Unless, of course, there's a negative side to doing that...?

Thanks again for the info!

I think going with the digital download would be better. Faster loading times from what I've read. I haven't been able to compare personally, though.
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

The digital version has a faster loading time compared to the UMD and you don't need to worry about breaking the casing for the UMD as well.

Otherwise there's no real difference.

The digital one? You have to wait a long time for it to download.
    PSP2 >
    K.O. Kazjivo

PSP-3000 gets my vote.

If you want a somewhat decent story, get PSPo1. Getting PSPo2 is an absolute must.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the help guys. I feel like I've got a pretty good grasp of all of this now. Now I've just got to play the waiting game for my 3000 to get here (it should be coming in on Thursday). One huge bummer though - the place that my friends and I just bought STILL doesn't have internet after about 3 weeks of trying to get it (I have to go to my parents to use the internet) and since we live in the boonies we might end up having to settle for DSL if we can't get the time warner construction guys to extend to our place.

I've got a feeling DSL won't work too well for online play...

Quote Originally Posted by Seilan View Post
    I've got a feeling DSL won't work too well for online play...
    If I'm wrong then someone can correct me but I don't think you'll have a problem with that.