Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So Sonic Team aren't doing PSO2?

Just realised this through posts on another thread. Shocked at myself for not noticing, but then since Naka-san's departure and Sonic game fails recently (Sonic 4 anyone?), Sonic Team is perhaps a nostalgic memory of the good times, not having anything to do with the present...

Anyone know for sure Sonic Team are phased out though?

Damn, could this mean no ChuChu MAGs and Burning Ranger fire mission...

See my artwork at http://voxie.co.uk I hope to draw a super sexy hunewearl once I get a closer look at them in can stop playing PSO2...

I still see Amy, Tails & Sonic as character names however. I did know that there was a new team involved.

"Unconcious" in Forest 2 T_Esquire's Avatar

Sonic Team is likely making it, but that's all they're doing. Maintenance after-the-fact is usually handled by a team dedicated just to that.
    I guess... It wasn't enough... Hee hee hee... Perhaps I was overthinking things... Awww... After thinking about all that... I'm starved! Let's head home.

Quote Originally Posted by voxie View Post
    Just realised this through posts on another thread. Shocked at myself for not noticing, but then since Naka-san's departure and Sonic game fails recently (Sonic 4 anyone?), Sonic Team is perhaps a nostalgic memory of the good times, not having anything to do with the present...

Anyone know for sure Sonic Team are phased out though?

Damn, could this mean no ChuChu MAGs and Burning Ranger fire mission...
    Sonic 4 was made mostly by Dimps, which made the Sonic Rush series.

The latest Sonic game made by Sonic Team was actually not bad, Sonic Colours (or Sonic Colors) for the Wii.

The next Sonic game, which is also being made by Sonic Team, so far seems to be good, Sonic Generations for the PS3, XBox 360 and maybe PC (not counting with the 3DS version here because that one is being made by Dimps).

About PSO2, who knows... My guess is that it's being developed by both Sonic Team members that worked on previous Phantasy Star games and by the team that worked on the Phantasy Star Portable series.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Pioneer II, Clyez City, Clad 6, and the Arks Lobby.

Im sure we will find out soon if Sonic Team is in charge or not.

Past ST members I'm sure are a part of the project but it seems the Phantasy Star franchise is out of ST's hands officially at the moment. This is sort of old news though.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

Sonic Team is only a brand, the current "Sonic Team" are a bunch of new programmers that started working on Unleashed, not a bad game IMO.

Ten years ago every Sega studio was a company of its own. That was expensive, every team needed their own infrastructure and personnel, the first thing Sammy did was reassembling them into "teams". Today those teams are only a few (Iizuka, Nagoshi, AM2...), and I'm not sure were Sakai is.

Seeing how PSZ turned out with Sakai on board, I'm confidant PSO2 wouldn't stray too close to PSU and more PSO-ish. I just assumed with Sakai working on PSO2, he grabbed his team who did PSZ to work with him again. no?
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

Sonic Team is one of Sega's first-party developers.

Even if it doesn't have their name on it...essentially it's probably the same thing. I guess the team who did PSP2 doesn't have a name yet?

They say they've got many designers who worked on PSO on the team for PSO2.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Technically it would be sonic team...in the sense that it'd be a chunk the same people...

But they're not under the name Sonic Team obviously...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.