Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is a good level to attempt hard mode?

Right now I have a 108 Cast with her Hunter at level 20 and Vanguard at 17. My gear isn't as good as I would like it to be, due to offline mode not being too good for that and online being mostly hackers and dating rooms.

I do have S-Ranks, but I don't have too much in terms of elemental diversity, nor do I know what to use. I mostly stick to Twin Sabers, Double Sabers, Twin Handguns, and Spears. What should I do to prepare myself better, should I switch to Vanguard and level that up more for EX trap abuse?

Your level is fine, IIRC I beat the game around level 105 (hunter only), and I'm an offline player.
    Only thing is that you should have the proper element weapons for some of the timed missions so you can get an S rank evaluation.

Other missions are just a matter of doing the proper actions to get S.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

if you actually want to beat hard mode (as id assume you want) get a Skull Sorcerer. its an S-rank rifle with incapacitate lvl 3. its extremely helpful, especially against the last boss.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

On Normal Mode Story mode, I used Miku's Leek Rifle and that was very useful against the final boss.

Hard Mode...yeah...stick with Skull Sorcerer if you can find one or try to get the Bringers Rifle in The Secret Pub if you're looking for a low budget S-rank Rifle. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

It's not too bad for your current level, but I would recommend that you beat chapter 9 as a Vanguard.

I've had a Bringer Rifle for a while now. Picked up a Skull Sorceror the other day so that won't be a problem, I should be able to just swap out twin pistols for rifles then.

dont forget to get good light and dark attribut armor

Well I've got a Hizeri-senba as my light armor, my dark armor is a Rabol Orpad. I know my dark armor could be better, but that seems to be the one element I have the worse luck finding an S rank armor for.

You had the same question I did. What a coincidence.

Anyways I was wondering about hard mode too. I have a Human at lvl 108 with her Ranger at 21. It's the only class I focused on. My equipment is ok but nothing super special since like was said above offline mode isn't good for that and trying to find players online who actually want to PLAY the game is next to impossible. I do however have some elemental diversity in my armor and weapons.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kureha Lvl:104(Race:Human)(Class:Ranger)
    Flare Lvl:31 (Race:Beast)(Class:Hunter)

Well so far I've been doing ok. I'm up to Chapter 8-1 right now. I did gain a level but I'm considering running into The Magashi Plan real quick and getting that last bit of exp I need to equip the Skull Sorceror. 7-2 was the first mission I wasn't able to S-Rank, actually. Mainly because of those element-changing Seed at the end of the mission.

So far I think I'll be ok, but Chapter 10 has me really worried.