Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

"I'm sorry." The newman girl murmered to the older gentlemen as he adjusted his hat. Keeping a closer distance to her. "I- I kind of still hurt a bit from the crash i guess." She had a wobble in her knee as she walked down the path.

She took note of the irritation in Rick's walk, having to handle with this crowd of people he had no contact with before. She knows the feeling quite well, she never really left her own confides much as it was, and being surrounded by so many unique looking people was also building up her anxieties.

"Wonder if they made a plan or decided on a leader yet?” She heard the spiked hair gentlemen ponder. She wonders if she is even able to deal with all these people just yet, or will she get overpowered by her anxieties again. She just stayed closer to Rick as he travelled down the path. He never replied to her comment. He seemed rather bothered about the prediciment of being stranded with a bunch of maniacs.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Even though i was knocked unconscious, I honestly thought it would be worse. Apparently it was a minor knock out. I heard voices. One sounded like a Talking Female Snake... Beats a Succubi anyday. Then i heard several other voices speaking as if they were in a Conversation not to far away from were i was.

"So i wasn't the only one stuck out here?" I thought." How ever did i get here? First thing i'm what these people called a plane... Then I find myself half unconscious on the ground unable to move or speak a couple minutes later. Some world i traveled into... "
    Last edited by FOkyasuta; Aug 10, 2011 at 11:26 PM.

As I laid there in the grass, I could hear footsteps approaching behind me, some annoying looking blue-haired kid.

I ain't in the mood for this, I thought, and attempted to shoo him off, failing that, I forced a smile and attempted to humor him for a bit, figuring I may as well play nice for now, given the situation. My attention was snatched away as I heard a loud voice in the distance, the old guy was rounding everyone up to head down the mountain toward the shuttle, may as well, I certainly didn't have a better plan, aside from that, there was a slim chance my baggage might have survived the crash. I wasn't gonna bank on that, but on the off chance, it'd be a pretty favorable outcome.

I stood up and brushed off my coat, I hesitated for a moment before joining the group and introducing myself.

"I know I'm late for introductions, but whatever, my name's Meatball, giggle if ya want, I know it's a weird name and I don' give a shit. If ya heard of me, I'll tell ya now, only 'bout half the rumors are true, and I ain't in the mood to say which."

Looking around, I was probably the only one here with combat experience, not that it'd do me much good here, without my rod I wasn't much better than a civilian, if we play it smart, it shouldn't be a problem, but I wasn't sure how aggressive the local wildlife might be, or if this area had been contaminated. No sense worrying, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, I thought, following the geezer down the mountain.
    Last edited by Weeaboolits; Aug 11, 2011 at 01:50 AM.

She just blatantly walked away from me, following the group that seemed to be heading down into the forest. I figure my stupidity's enough for one day, and follow suit.

I always tell myself that acting careless during a careful situation usually yields to bad results, but I always go against what I say. Looking at Meatball from afar, and how she replied back to me, her body language, it wasn't hard to tell that she had experience somewhere along this situation. Maybe she was a GUARDIAN. Nah, they wouldn't tolerate attitude like hers. Or a mercenary in Clad 6's Little Wing. Makes more sense, but I just can't see it. What class would she be? Hunter? No, she didn't seem like someone who liked to be in the heat of battle. Besides, she's a Newman, that's not a good mix up to be in unless you're fast on your feet. I took a wild guess and picked Force. If she were a Ranger, she could have had a gun on hand. And speaking of GUARDIANS, I still keep forgetting to send my application. Oh well, I thought.

We've got people of all shapes and sizes here, I noticed. Seconds behind me, on the ground was some other young adult, or kid, or something, and he was simply laying there. I know he heard us talking, and he knew we began to make our move, so I didn't bother going back to help him. If he wanted to go, he'd go, like the old woman in the plane. Giving up.

I decided to walk a bit ahead, taking this whole thing more seriously. We'd lost all our belongings, except for what we had on hand, in our pockets. I wondered where each of us were going before this. And how now, despite our differences, we were here, and stuck together. No, I don't believe in fate, but it makes you wonder in times like this, whether this was meant to happen.
    Last edited by Taijutsu-Joshua; Aug 12, 2011 at 11:57 PM.

We arrived at the top of the slope with little incident. We had been lucky thus far, the terrain hadn't been to terrible. Looking at the group, it seemed we were doing okay, though Sayara was obviously having trouble. I could tell from the way she was walking something was up with her left leg, she kept coming down on it heavy with each step, wobbling as she did so. Not good, especially if we wound up having to hike a great deal. She kept close though, hanging to my left and a little behind me. Luneth walking beside me on my right.

Meatball, she just seemed rather annoyed by the whole situation. She had moved to the front early on and kept to herself and never stopped looking forward. On the plus side, she kept good pace. I didn't know if her stamina was born of irritation or if she had actually been hardened by something, be it going through life the way she looked and compensating for it or maybe it was in her job description. Wolfkrone kept pace with her, though still always behind her. He never seemed to quit looking at her. I wondered if he did so because of her looks or if he was just puzzling out how to approach her again.

You'd think walking downhill would be the easy part, but it wasn't. Several points were steep, and I wasn't the most athletic dude around, that's for sure. Dirt was loose at some points, only offering the occasional sturdy rock or boulder to step on to. Sometime we came to points where we'd have to jump down a couple feet from boulder to boulder. A couple points I even opted to scoot down on my ass, as silly as that may have looked. Better than slipping and suffering further injury. I tried to help the Sayara girl when I went down first, moving down rock to rock and busting that leg any further would be a huge hindrance. Luneth usually went ahead of us two, and seemed to watch if we needed help but never directly offered it.

After awhile, I could smell my own sweat, it stunk like onions. Awful. Even though it wasn't terribly hot out, moving around this much wasn't normal for me. Still, I suppose everyone would start reeking eventually. We'd have to get used to that at some point, 'cause it didn't look like we'd be showering anytime soon. Still, sucked that I was the first. I was the greasy bald man of the group. God dammit.

In an attempt to ignore my legs getting tired, I tried to strike up a conversation with Luneth. 'bout time we got to know each other anyhow if we were gonna be stuck in this hell hole. Since Luneth was the eldest looking beyond myself, and carried with him a more serious demeanor while not being so off putting as Meatball, I suppose I felt he'd be the easiest to talk to. I pulled my hat down again, like I always do. Damn, I should really stop doing that, probably only draws attention to it.

"So, Luneth. What do you do for a living? Or are you still in school? Both?"
    Last edited by Sord; Aug 13, 2011 at 05:40 PM.

(Haha! I did this on a Wii!)

Luneths eye grew wide as he was caught off guard. "Should have know this would happen sooner or later. I guess in order for this to work, i'm going to have to be a role model. " Luneth thought in his head. "You could say that!" he said back unintentionally loud. "I have a job as a lifeguard! Besides that I teach the kiddies how to swim!". "Did I forget anything?" he thought to him self.

As they climbed down the mountain side, Luneth spoted a small flat cave that looked as if someone cut a tube in half and jammed the bottom into the wall. It looked like a nice place to rest and figured some of the folks needed a rest. "I think I found somewhere we can rest! We can talk later over there!" Luneth yelled point somewhere to his right. "If you follow me you'll see it!" He said as he carefully made his way to it.

Always stepping on the ground twice before he continued, he still felt unsame. " I hope it isn't going to rain. Would make life a real pain right now." Luneth thought in frustration. Just after that though, his hand sliped. "Oh come on!" he yelled as he slid down his hands trying to him slow down. He looked around for something, anything to grab on to. "Dang it!" He yelled. A boulder jutting out caught his eye when he looked down. Doing anything to save himself, he leaped and hoped to grab hold of it.

Slam! was the sound that was made as he landed on his side. "Aw, that going to hurt in the morn" He thought as a tear slid down his face. His fingers red with cuts and scrapes. His side full of pain and clueless of knowing if he broke a rib.

He looked up. "I'm ok! Just....just move on without' I...i'll be there soon!" He yelled. "This is what I get for not paying attention." he thought.

Shit. He fell hard. I had been keeping my pace with the others, Meatball leaving the back to pretty much lead the front unintentionally. Since I was behind, I hurried down past the others and got behind Luneth, helping him up.

"You know, you can't keep up with us if you're gonna be reckless. That's my job!" I smiled, as he got up and leaned over my shoulder for support. I couldn't leave him behind.

"Thanks, kid. You're that Raven guy, aren't you?" He spoke, grunting as he tried to walk comfortably. I began to smell that musty stench, not knowing from which of us it was coming from. Normally I'd have been irritated, but look at me. I don't have the luxury of worrying over a smell.

"Yeah, I said. That's me." It felt a little funny, being called by Raven over Rave. It was only an extra letter, but it felt as if one of my parents were calling. I kind of missed them already.

I helped him across the trail as we got to the cave he'd pointed us to. I looked at the sky, and saw a faint orange. Shit. Here comes the sunset. And not only that, but a small area of grey began to form over the clouds. Rain, too? No. This can't be good.

"You see it, too, don't you?" said Luneth.

"Yeah. You think the cave might be a good stop? Or should we risk the weather and keep going?" I asked him. It sounded like a stupid question, because of obvious reasons.

"You know, that's probably a bad idea. This could be the best shelter we find here. Going ahead, could be nothing."

He was right. But I just couldn't help the feeling in my gut, that the small cave didn't belong to us.

Drip.
    Rain. Well at least a drizzle started around the cliffsides and forest. That extra humdity really made things even sweatier and nastier for everyone. Wiping a few drips from her eyes and her head, she aruptly states, "Its raining."

She turned her attention to that cave now, it appears to be all quiet. No kind of animal sounds were heard loud enough from the close interior of the cave.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

One. Two then three. Of all the luck in the world it started to drizzle a bit and soon enough dirt had become slippery mud...

I began to slide ever-so slowly down the mountain. "I would do something... I should do something! But... can i?" I thought to myself. But all i could do was just hope that i wouldn't fall into a deep pit of some sort. Id be screwed if i did. I know it. Then i silently blacked out once more.

Rick looked around himself, or at least tried to. While the group took shelter in the cave the rain clouds had moved in, obscuring the already setting sun. Now it had been raining for twenty minutes or so, and it had only gotten darker. Everyone had kept quiet for the most part, resting and listening to the sound of the rain patter on the ground and the soft rumble of thunder in the distance, surrounded by the smell of damp earth in the cave. Everyone was tired from the trek. Thinking about it, Rorick realized this may be his only chance to get some water for awhile. He stood up to move to the edge of the cave, and talking to no one in particular, said, "Anyone want to join me for a drink? Might be the only one we get for awhile. Need to keep hydrated."

Lacking any sort of container to hold water, he merely stood at the edge of the cave, cupping his hand and holding it out into the rain. Once his hands were a little full, he'd take a drink, repeat. Maybe once they got into the forest they could figure out how to use leaves somehow. S'what they always seem to do in the movies. He figured they'd be there tomorrow morning if the rain let up. For now though, he'd just try and drink as much as he could, while he could.
    Last edited by Sord; Aug 17, 2011 at 05:41 PM.