Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tehhaxorer View Post
    Sweet, can somebody get a more accurate translation to see the specifics?
    Ask Espiokaos
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

A few hours on specific days, eh? As expected.

Gonna be rough for anyone not living in the right timezones. Assuming they got in in the first place, that is.

This is a lot sooner than I expected. I thought they would announce alpha testing during TGS. I hope that this means the open beta will be sooner than expected as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag-X View Post
    This is a lot sooner than I expected. I thought they would announce alpha testing during TGS. I hope that this means the open beta will be sooner than expected as well.
    Let's hope! As Sakai said, the time span on Beta all depends on how well Alpha goes. So if Alpha is August, we can cross our fingers and hope all goes right so we get Beta maybe in November? December?

Quote Originally Posted by chaos-shadow View Post
    Let's hope! As Sakai said, the time span on Beta all depends on how well Alpha goes. So if Alpha is August, we can cross our fingers and hope all goes right so we get Beta maybe in November? December?
    It would have to be sooner than that if they are still shooting for a 2011 release.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag-X View Post
    Yup i believe its been said, Alpha -> TGS -> closed beta -> open beta.

I'm personally expecting closed beta in oct. with the open beta right after it. Possibly in november... PSU and AotI released only a couple of weeks after their beta if I remember correctly so if this follows the same pattern then I could still see a 2011 release date if the alpha and beta go through smoothly.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    PSU and AotI released only a couple of weeks after their beta if I remember correctly so if this follows the same pattern then I could still see a 2011 release date if the alpha and beta go through smoothly.
    Oh god no! If that's true about PSU, that's one of the reasons why PSU died so early in it's run. PSU was released WAY too early. Only a few handful of missions where released, spread around 2 worlds? Was all 3 worlds even available at launch?
    Players easily got bored of fighting the dragon within a week's time.

I'd personally wait till PSO2 is more well thought out and meaty enough for players to dive into. Rather than have an early release with 5 missions to choose from.
    You'd loose a lot of repeat customers from the get-go, no?
    If they must, extend beta testing till PSO2 IS done.

When PSO came out, I believe players had full access to all the boards on the disc (you just had to unlock them offline). So you had a lot of players starting out together and trying their best to get all the way to ruins and try to kill Dark Falz.
    It's one good sign that you've got a good addictive game if you could get players to play that many hours in a row, just to aim for the final boss.
    PSO2 should do the same. And NOT give us a goal of defeating a mini/low leveled boss on day one.
    But for alpha/beta testing, that's expected.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

Quote Originally Posted by chibiLegolas View Post
    Oh god no! If that's true about PSU, that's one of the reasons why PSU died so early in it's run. PSU was released WAY too early. Only a few handful of missions where released, spread around 2 worlds? Was all 3 worlds even available at launch?
    Players easily got bored of fighting the dragon within a week's time.

I'd personally wait till PSO2 is more well thought out and meaty enough for players to dive into. Rather than have an early release with 5 missions to choose from.
    You'd loose a lot of repeat customers from the get-go, no?
    If they must, extend beta testing till PSO2 IS done.

When PSO came out, I believe players had full access to all the boards on the disc (you just had to unlock them offline). So you had a lot of players starting out together and trying their best to get all the way to ruins and try to kill Dark Falz.
    It's one good sign that you've got a good addictive game if you could get players to play that many hours in a row, just to aim for the final boss.
    PSO2 should do the same. And NOT give us a goal of defeating a mini/low leveled boss on day one.
    But for alpha/beta testing, that's expected.
    If I remember correctly, weren't they withholding and drip feeding content already on the disk for PSU?
    "I prefer my history dead. Dead history is writ in ink, the living sort in blood."
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 50,000 bytes. The image in your signature was 73,652 bytes.

Quote Originally Posted by chibiLegolas View Post
    Oh god no!
    ^ This.

I hope they really get a lot of content into this game before release and not just the usual company idea of "Holiday season! Get those new games out there PRONTO!"

Quote Originally Posted by condiments View Post
    If I remember correctly, weren't they withholding and drip feeding content already on the disk for PSU?
    Exactly. I assume they did this because they were unable to add new content since the PS2 did not have a hard drive. It was total B.S., and I really hope they don't do it this time around.