Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default players own drops

did they mention if each player will have different drops like in psp2 and PS0

Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

I like the idea, though I'm not sure if you will be able to drop items for your teammates because of this. Which would suck if you buddy needs more trimates or if you want to drop some moon atomizers on the ground during a boss fight. It might have to go through some annoying players selection and trade window before you can hand it off to someone (ala monster hunter). That process is really annoying and has no place in a fast paced game (imo).

Item usage down time is a great idea, and works very well to create team stratagy and character awareness. I'm all for this, plus it gives Forces a bigger healing responsibility on the battle field.

Back to individual player drops: Does anyone think it might take away from some of your excitement of finding a rare weapon? Sense you will be the only one that sees it drop.
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

If the item you find is flashed along the information area (a la PSPo2), I wouldn't think the excitement would be taken away at all.

Also pretty sure that you'd be able to drop items for other people. It was possible in PSPo2's challenge mode (although I'm not sure if the drops were separate there or not. I haven't played with anyone ;;).

So since the drops are different for each party member does this mean pso2 will have section ids? Like whitill, skyly, pinkal etc.
    PSO2- Wiz had to be retired, current character is jonesy, female Dewman, jonesy male newman, jonesy male cast- Ship 2

RIP Wiz JP PSU & Blue Burst

Quote Originally Posted by WiZ1988 View Post
    So since the drops are different for each party member does this mean pso2 will have section ids? Like whitill, skyly, pinkal etc.
    It's inconsequential; it has no meaning as to whether it does or does not have section IDs.

All it means is, if you see an item get dropped, you're the only one that can see it and pick it up - excluding those dropped by other players, of course (which everyone can see and pick up).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

As long as we can trade any of the items, I think this will be fine.

The worst part of PSP2 is that you cannot trade anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    As long as we can trade any of the items, I think this will be fine.

The worst part of PSP2 is that you cannot trade anything.
    This. PSZ had the same drop system, but no trade restrictions. That was perfect, imo.

I mean, random distribution, order distribution, etc. works great... 90% of the time. Then you have assholes who boot everyone when rare monsters spawn, or the boss dies, etc. With player-specific drops, it's still random who gets what, but the party leader can't be a jerk to get more loot.
    Coming Soon!

Yeah I found that terribly odd about PSPo2: the inability to trade things you'd want traded most. It might have lead to some of the hacking that goes in the PSPo2 community.

I don't understand why pspo2 did that. Only consumables and A & B rank items are tradeable? Laim. PSO2 better not do this. Was Infinity the same way? I know they made other improvements to gameplay & trading Kubara & A's would even be ok.