Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My game froze and I lost all my items that were unequipped. How and what the heck happened?!?!? Can you please help me? I lost over 20 rares that way...

Legendary

Game saves on PSO exist in two forms opened and closed, if you start a game the save file is flagged as open, and when you quit and save its flagged as closed.
    You must always start a game with the file closed, otherwise all un equiped items wil be erased, this is to help prevent duping.
    If you can not close the file, for any reason ( FSOD, power cut, acidently pulling the power lead, power surge/drop etc) you will lose all unequiped items and any money that your character has in its personal inventory.

Heres what you do

Put all your un equiped stuff in the bank, if the banks full empty it and sell some of the clutter/give it away.
    when playing online only cary what you need, one weapon and one mag, and keep them equiped, when/if you die always make sure that they are re-equiped imediatly.
    if you realy want to avoid losing stuff, it may also help to have a best weapon and a second best weapon, save the best weapon for offline and only play online with the second best.

Other backing up techniques..
    Create a secondary Back up character on another memory card, using the multiplayer offline mode, give it a High power mag, a few decent weapons and plenty of messata, if your main card corupts you have an easy way of leveing a new character fast using the swaped items.

Yes, I had the FSOD... Game froze... I do have a backup character, a Foce, level 20, has good stuff, I just need to give it more stuff. Thank godness my mem card didnt corrupt...

"Obviously, this doesn't help again FSOD during the 2nd save.. (the one that corrupts data).. but during the regular FSOD, (the one that wipes out unquipped data), this method will let you keep the items that you might have lost. This method works 100% of the time if you do it right.

*THIS IS NOT A DUPE METHOD. IT'S MERELY A WAY TO STOP LOSING YOUR ITEMS DURING FSOD.*

First, when you get FSOD, restart the game and go right to multiplayer mode. Pick your character that supposably lost all his items, and then pick another random character. When you are in multiplayer, YOUR INVENTORY IS STILL THERE! K, the character that got FSOD, put ALL of your inventory into the bank, including your money. After that, save and quit.

Then, start up single player mode with your FSOD character. When you enter, just save and quit. When you enter single mode, THAT is when the game will erase your inventory, but guess what? It's not there, is it? heh..

So, when you quit single player mode, go back to multi-player mode, and you'll notice that on the bottom of your character, it does NOT say that your items will be lost. When you enter multi mode, get all your stuff from the bank, and there you go. You keep all your weapons/money/anything in your inventory. It's now safe to go to single player, and online mode with all your inventory still in tact.

Hope this helps."

Credit to: SEspo(GameFaqs Message Board User)

It's been proven to work, but it may be too late by now. Keep it for future reference.

-Piro Skies

Legendary

Cheers
    My GC just made that buzzing sound, and although all my important items ( weapons mags, and most of my messata) were in the bank, i still lost all diamtes trimates etc, and unlike the Dreamcast version, when that FSOD'd, ive also lost my aromour.

eBiL eMuChOw

Here's a more simpler method I learned and used to get my stuff back from an FSOD...

When you load the card with the FSODed chara on it, and you look over the person, it sees it as an impropler save. This is what I think happens.

When it sees this, it turns all of the switches closed temporarily, but keeps it on the card. And in the memory it will say "If they back out this was like this, so change it" but I found this: When you take the card OUT and put it back IN, it seems to reset that the items should be lost. I have done this twice and it works. Got a trigrinder back with this method.

yeah, I just got fsod the other day... the thing that pisses me off is that i was foolish enough to take out ALL my best weps (yami,s-reds, dbl cannon.)But, the thing that gets me is, when I stepped away from the counter it fsoded. SO, I heard of a trick that If u go back to the game you were in, u get ur stuff back. so I did, it was in vega 2, 99 users, and I thought, "What luck!" So I entered the block, and, it fsodded again. Whats up with that!?!?

The Kid In The Helmet
    That K shaped one up North...you know the one

On 2003-03-27 06:21, Khabarakh wrote:
    SO, I heard of a trick that If u go back to the game you were in, u get ur stuff back.
    Not a drop of truth to that.

On 2003-03-27 12:05, Raist wrote:
    Not a drop of truth to that.
    oh. I figured so, But I didn't really know what else to do, so.

i like that technique about quiting and goin 2 multiplayer mode. it will prolly help out more than u ever noe lol.