Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaz0r View Post
    The BEST method to grind is, to use s+7s until the chance starts getting where its uncomfortable to you, then switch to s+10s. When use the +10s, turn off your tv, say a prayer, assume it broke, cry, then turn on the tv. If its broken, your tears are already shed. If it isnt broken, you throw a party, get completely wasted, and then repeat the next day. It's easy really, once you get the hang of it
    Lol i did this today and it makes it so much more suspenseful lol cause u alrdy no how long it takes the bar and the tv clicks on goes black then! BOOM your wep broke and NERD RAGE ALL OVER THERE HOUSE

Quote Originally Posted by oG Epik View Post
    Lol i did this today and it makes it so much more suspenseful lol cause u alrdy no how long it takes the bar and the tv clicks on goes black then! BOOM your wep broke and NERD RAGE ALL OVER THERE HOUSE
    Yupp, best method ever
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    What a bunch of utter nonsense...where do you people come up with these absurd claims?
    Believe what you want. I've done more grinding in this game than I ever care too.
    And please, if you haven't noticed the message changes or quirks of the weapons themselves when grinding then I have nothing to say to you.

@ Midori: Ironically, the 4th floor was right about "Black Beast", "Shields", "Human Berserk" and quite a few other batshit insane rumors. Funny, huh? Makes me wonder if Sega was taking the ideas from the game dialog they collected. Prolly not.

Either way, this is not a rumor and I don't give a crap if anyone believes it; I gave my information or "Rumor" and there it is. After all, the grind charts are crap, so is the synth % as anyone who plays this game can tell you. The likelyhood of both are artifically posted higher then they actually are. Course, you two vets should know that but whatever.

It's really very simple, if you're superstitious come up with some hair brained system (or listen to others doesn't matter).

It's based on probability, or dumb luck if you like that term better. Plain and simple
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaz0r View Post
    When use the +10s, turn off your tv, say a prayer, assume it broke, cry, then turn on the tv.
    LOL, I've muted the volume and put on music while grinding, but I've never turned the TV off.

I normally alternate between a happy song (probably from the 80's like Bobby McFarren's "Don't Worry be Happy" or B2M - Mowtown Philly) and an angry song (normally a rock song like Avenged Sevenfold's "We Come Out At Night" or Rammstein's Benzin). But never anything depressing (like Billie Holiday's “Strange Fruit” or Komm Susser Todd). Although I will play Taps if all of my weapons break.

Skilled Fighter DeathDragon2332's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    What a bunch of utter nonsense...where do you people come up with these absurd claims?
    Lolzz
    IAN-Lvl 180 Male Beast Gunmaster (360)
    D3ath D3aler Lvl 180 Male Cast Acrofighter (360)
    KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Newman MasterForce (360)

KanameChidori lvl 180 Female Cast AF20 FM20 FF20 PT20 (JP)
    LaLa lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT (JP)

PSO Hunters Guild Founder Orochinagi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Wren View Post
    Believe what you want. I've done more grinding in this game than I ever care too.
    And please, if you haven't noticed the message changes or quirks of the weapons themselves when grinding then I have nothing to say to you.

@ Midori: Ironically, the 4th floor was right about "Black Beast", "Shields", "Human Berserk" and quite a few other batshit insane rumors. Funny, huh? Makes me wonder if Sega was taking the ideas from the game dialog they collected. Prolly not.

Either way, this is not a rumor and I don't give a crap if anyone believes it; I gave my information or "Rumor" and there it is. After all, the grind charts are crap, so is the synth % as anyone who plays this game can tell you. The likelyhood of both are artifically posted higher then they actually are. Course, you two vets should know that but whatever.
    Anna, you are actually correct minus the chart being "crap". The chart is more of a general "basis" if you will that applies to the actual grinder applications themselves. For those who mention it being "completely random", that is only partially true. The randomization of grinding is also a variable to the whole ensemble of percentages that actually complete each individual grinding process. Each weapon TYPE has different randomization percentages as well as each notice (very good, low chance, fifty-fifty). These are more like simplistic figurative equations that you apply to the weapon (fifty-fifty can be equivalent to 50%-59% on this game). Then there photon fortune aka "luck" as a very low percentile variable. Lastly, the weapon itself. If you try to grind the same weapon (individual ones) multiple times, the same exact way, you will find that some break on the same grind a lot more often each time, as well as being successful each time. When you become familiar with the weapon and its success rate, it is very likely that you can get it to 10/10 multiples times. The grinders themselves are not exactly S+1 thru S+10, that's were the slight gimmick comes into play and are actual representations of miniscule randomized percentages within each 10's of numbers (I.E.- S+10 could be 60%-69% *this isn't the actual representation of S+10*), so essentially there are more like 5 actual grinders so to speak. I know this may be difficult for many to understand, but there is a lot of mathematics involved with this feature on this game. Some of my references on this are based on being an computer programmer/game designer and personal experience of the game.

I would like to add that almost EVERYTHING that I've gotten to 10/10, I've hardly EVER used S+10's or finished the last grind with one. If S+7 and S+10 both say "very good chance", I use the lesser grinder as they are likely to have the same chance.

Tip: To try to keep this "PG" as possible, grinding is like making love to various people. Not everyone (weapon) likes the rough stuff or "cutting straight to the chase"(high grinders) all the time or the whole time. Some will be just as satisfied or better with mediocre grinders. Some won't.
    Last edited by Orochinagi; Aug 15, 2011 at 04:58 AM.
    *PSO Hunters Guild*

Orochi- M.Human-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 PT/WT/AT/FI
    Anj- F.Newman-Lvl 180, Lvl20 MF/AF/GT/AT
    Ranvir- F.Cast-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 GM/FI/FM/AF
    Sydney Bristow- F.Human-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 GT/FG/GM

Quote Originally Posted by Midori Oku View Post
    The 4th floor.
    lol i know, right.

The secret to Grinding is:

Spoiler!