Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Newman vanguard question.

So I have a lvl 82, almost lvl 83 Newman that I have changed from a level 14 force to vanguard, which is now at 3. I'm curious as to if weapons that rely on Tec (such as longbows, cards, etc.) would be good for a newman vanguard, since Newmans tend to have good tech stats. (lvl3 Vanguard, i have 509 Tec..).

ive tried both on my human and they suck. my human has about the same atp and mst but i dont think Va has the ata to use cards or most guns for that matter.
    Last edited by Alisha; Aug 12, 2011 at 08:25 PM.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Longbows and cards rely on TEC. Use whatever methods work for you.

As some one who uses a lvl 189 Newman vanguard I find that cards are useless and the bow is the only worth while ranged weapon but it will still be pretty weak, probably the one weapon on your palette that will do the least amount of damage.I would not really rely on any ranged weapons as a Newman Vanguard.I find that I hardly ever use my bow I really only use it for certain switches on some tactical missions and certain bosses. But the advantages to using a Newman is their high eva and mnd meaning physical attacks will miss more (only if they attack you from the front if they are behind you it will hit you for major damage) and the mnd will help when enemy use force attacks on you. But the major advantage to vanguard is the ex traps. I would also like to tell you that you should be prepared to die a lot until you get Armour and modules that will add a lot to your eva. I found running a Newman vanguard a little difficult but once you learn how to perfect block, dodge, and the spawn points of enemy it should get a lot easier. It has gotten to a point that I don't even use my ex traps any more on normal mission I only use them on tactical missions.
    psp2 chars
    newman vanguard- Ako lvl 187
    beast hunter - Akira lvl 46

as a newman vanguard, you're going to be relying on weapons that raise EVA primarily (increasing your strengths), such as twin daggers, twin sabers, and spears. twin handguns raise EVA as well, I believe, but the damage isn't anything great. I keep a pair of 60% twin handguns on my palette (level 200 Newman vanguard) primarily for keeping chains up and taking out obstacles and traps. and that's about it. Your EX traps are your biggest asset in general gameplay and your damage will never be 'AMAZING', but if you have fun with a specific weapon type use what you like.

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

Shield also increase DEF&EVD.

Psp2i:
    Newearl, Ori Ur'Shimana Lvl12X (R:0) RNG Lv10, Vanguard Lv21
    Male Cast, Murlocking Lvl97 (R:0) Hunter Lv14, Vanguard Lv14
    Male Beast, Meanpower Lvl6X (R:0) Hunter Lvl3, Vanguard Lv9
    Female Human, ILLUMINA Lvl26 (R:0) Force Lv4
    Sig image is 372,177 bytes, keep your image at 50kb or less.

yeah kazami bracer ive collected 5 of them for my pallette. also i tried twin handguns with my human and they suck ass way too many 0's. i prefer claw/sheild

sig by gama

I've been using a Female Newman Vanguard since I got PSP2. I have no issues with misses using Twin Handguns.

I have a mini-guide posted somewhere on several people's user profiles...I'll look for it and post it here.

-Wayu

i tried them in MP and saw FAR to many 0's for my liking as a human vanguard

sig by gama

I had the same issue with my human VA. Fixed it using Hit PA. They don't cost that much in terms of pp.