Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    i had a friend who left his xbox on for months at a time :P he didn't AFK too much though, if he did it was in his room or he fell asleep doing a mission or he was spell leveling. Whenever he was done for PSU he went to the dashboard but he didn't turn it off

Somehow his xbox never got red rings of death and never overheated lol
    A friend of mine would leave his (out-of-warranty, old-ass broken) xbox on for weeks whenever he could, because he had to use the towel method to get it to turn on. Once it was running, it was fine, but it'd take about 4 hours to get it ready for that state.

As for the PC, I play my laptop lying down, sometimes for a lot longer than I should, and end up qwertyfacing sometimes. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    I always leave my PC on. I've heard both stories on how leaving your PC is bad for it and shutting down your PC is bad for it (mainly the start up). It doesn't hurt it though. I've always left my PC on unless I'm going out of town. My electric bill is only like $70 a month so it's no biggie.

Reason I stay logged in almost 24/7 is it's there and ready for me to play when I want to.
    This used to be true, but no longer.

I'd fully explain why, but you don't like my wall of text posts.

Please reply with a link to some "site" making claims, I'll reply by telling you I have a masters degree in computer sciences and have owned and operated a business of fixing and repairing computers for over 10 years.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    This used to be true, but no longer.

I'd fully explain why, but you don't like my wall of text posts.

Please reply with a link to some "site" making claims, I'll reply by telling you I have a masters degree in computer sciences and have owned and operated a business of fixing and repairing computers for over 10 years.
    Congrats? It really just depends on the computer. You may get a lemon, you may get a computer that never goes bad(had a PC that was 10 years old and never had a problem with it, an old Gateway). Then you have the PCs thatr fall in the middle. Even if a part were to go bad, computer parts aren't expensive anyways plus that gives you the option to upgrade the PC. You cant predict what a PC is going to do.
    Last edited by str898mustang; Aug 14, 2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    some of them stay AFK 24/7 to get attention. just like the ones on 4th floor
    4th floor was always bumpin' back in the day. Not sure how active it is on the 360 these days, but you could always count on finding an interesting personality up there.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    i had a friend who left his xbox on for months at a time :P he didn't AFK too much though, if he did it was in his room or he fell asleep doing a mission or he was spell leveling. Whenever he was done for PSU he went to the dashboard but he didn't turn it off

Somehow his xbox never got red rings of death and never overheated lol
    His must have been in a well ventilated area and/or he didn't over-work it (CoD gamefests) as I heard the RRoD is caused by overheating issues, often caused by folks sticking it in poorly ventilated places.

I actually dont like to stay AFK too long because I want my play hours to be the hours I'm PLAYING.

Plus, if you send a message to someone AFK, you hope they get it. But sometimes they might lag out/dc and you'll never get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    Congrats? It really just depends on the computer. You may get a lemon, you may get a computer that never goes bad(had a PC that was 10 years old and never had a problem with it, an old Gateway). Then you have the PCs thatr fall in the middle. Even if a part were to go bad, computer parts aren't expensive anyways plus that gives you the option to upgrade the PC. You cant predict what a PC is going to do.
    Actually I can...

...and this is training received from years of working with computers, knowing hardware from formal and informal education + hands on training. Please trust me on this.

I was notorious for walking into game servers in unreal engine and quake engine games and telling administrators their server settings to the point they thought I was hacking their comps.

That came from years of modding and working with the technology.

Much in the same way you play PSU and after a while you memorize and learn the amount of damage you will deal with a weapon and how a situation will play out from experience.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Actually I can...

...and this is training received from years of working with computers, knowing hardware from formal and informal education + hands on training. Please trust me on this.

I was notorious for walking into game servers in unreal engine and quake engine games and telling administrators their server settings to the point they thought I was hacking their comps.

That came from years of modding and working with the technology.

Much in the same way you play PSU and after a while you memorize and learn the amount of damage you will deal with a weapon and how a situation will play out from experience.
    Why would a GROWN man such as yourself do the fruity thing of calling himself a woman in a forum outside the actual game?

Some of you take this "i'm a girl" in the actual game a little too far.

Hahahahahaha!

The sad thing is that I picture you slightly over weight (with a gut) and a beard and over 30 yet calling yourself "Keilyn"

xDDDD

That's just plain sad lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    Why would a GROWN man such as yourself do the fruity thing of calling himself a woman in a forum outside the actual game?

Some of you take this "i'm a girl" in the actual game a little too far.

Hahahahahaha!

The sad thing is that I picture you slightly over weight (with a gut) and a beard and over 30 yet calling yourself "Keilyn"

xDDDD

That's just plain sad lmao.
    said maya shidow..
    Last edited by Nel; Aug 14, 2011 at 08:10 PM.

I'll reply by telling you I have a masters degree in computer sciences and have owned and operated a business of fixing and repairing computers for over 10 years.
    Smell that USI.