Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaz0r View Post
    Tell me, as a force in PSO:BB, how would you possibly bind all of your techs to 6 buttons?
    I didn't play much Force in PSO.... But you typically don't need every tech equipped at once. D:

For techs... I equipped my attack spells(depending on the area/boss they'd change) + resta to the pallete. Use the spell quick menu(which you could rearrange the order of) for buffs/anti/ryuker/reverser and the like.

EDIT: I should also probably note that I played a Melee FOmar, however.... <.<
    Last edited by •Col•; Aug 16, 2011 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag-X View Post
    Normally this is true, but some games just work better with a controller. PSO and PSU had horrible keyboard controls.
    This. In PSO Blue Burst playing with a controller was simply way better than using the keyboard controls. I'm still not sure it was really bad keyboard controls, but I always thought it was simply that the game was built from the ground up around a gamepad.

If the keyboard+mouse controls work well in PSO2, it may be feasible to forgo the gamepad. Then again, a gamepad still may work out better. Keyboard+mouse is not better 100% of the time bar none. It depends on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyamak View Post
    Well, outside the hot key thing you mentioned, controller was just far easier to use in BB for movement in PC (admittedly, I did not play force, I played casts more than anything, so all I had most of the time were traps and items.) In my case, my keyboard is kind of low as it is, I don't like it that high above my lap. So I was able to just play on a controller and poke the number keys with an index finger if I needed to. For me, ease of character movement is usually the deciding factor in which form of control I go with.
    Yeah I'm going to test what I find the most comfortable when I get the game. I haven't played console games for almost half a year due to both my PS3 and Xbawx 360 breaking down(360s 4th time), so I'll rusty with my analogue stick usage.

Being able to hotkey everything to the keyboard might be the deciding factor for me. One of the most annoying things for me in PSO was bringing up the quick menu all the time because the action palette couldn't contain all I needed. Being able to map all the spells and weapons to the buttons around WASD would be awesome if they allow it. It was how I was able to use abilities while strafing, and cycling my camera to gain advantage of players in WoW and break their line of sight. Especially if I end up going a melee caster Fomar(if they still can be built that way).

However, PSO2 is way more action oriented than most online RPGs, so gamepad might be the way to go.
    "I prefer my history dead. Dead history is writ in ink, the living sort in blood."
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 50,000 bytes. The image in your signature was 73,652 bytes.

There may be other ways to do it. Joy2Key allows you to map gamepad buttons to keys on the keyboard. So if there's a useless button that you never use you can map it to a keyboard press instead of 1-0 like the screenshots are showing.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    If the game supports gamepads at all then you will be able to use your 360 controller, since it's basically just another gamepad as far as the game is concerned.

The only thing is, with the game being PC-only, I wonder if the game might be designed around playing with a mouse+keyboard instead. But I think I'd probably prefer to play with my 360 controller... it just suits PSO/PSU much better, and presumably PSO2 as well.
    i wonder, if the game ends up being ported to the 360 or ps3. Does anybody think you could port your char over aswell ? hmmm .. interesting ;p

sorry if this is off topic to the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mekimaru View Post
    i wonder, if the game ends up being ported to the 360 or ps3. Does anybody think you could port your char over aswell ? hmmm .. interesting ;p

sorry if this is off topic to the thread
    If the characters are stored server-side (as they should be), then you should be able to simply sign into your account and access them regardless of platform.

In the unlikely event they do release it for a console, I would bet on the PS3 only. I don't think they want to deal with MS's draconian Xbox Live s*** again.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    If the characters are stored server-side (as they should be), then you should be able to simply sign into your account and access them regardless of platform.
    Not if the 360/PS3 servers would be separate from the PC one. Which is what they probably would be.

So yeah. Very unlikely there are going to be PS3/360 versions of PSO2. EXTREMELY unlikely that there would be PS3/360 versions that allowed you to transfer your characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Not if the 360/PS3 servers would be separate from the PC one. Which is what they probably would be.
    Bah, hate it when I overlook the obvious...