Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Music...

Default PSO2 Music...

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here it is.

PSO2 Title Screen music
    http://nicosound.anyap.info/sound/sm15327282

It has twinklings of PSO1

See my artwork at http://voxie.co.uk I hope to draw a super sexy hunewearl once I get a closer look at them in can stop playing PSO2...

It's been posted quite a few times already.

Thanks for sharing though.

Oops sorry then - I'm afraid there's just too much coverage/chat/hype around PSO2 for me to keep up :P

See my artwork at http://voxie.co.uk I hope to draw a super sexy hunewearl once I get a closer look at them in can stop playing PSO2...

Nothing wrong with being excited. Just be sure to check the sticky and any threads that may have something to do with what you are making a topic of.

Princess of the Eternal Flowers Masterflower's Avatar

.....Oh...My....God... Badass Title Screen Theme Alert o.o!
    Just another same old day.

Well, it at least has a dedicated thread to it now. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for bullet-point info database stickies, but because there's so much info, talking about all those things at once in a single thread just feels disorganized as hell. I still use the info thread heavily for double checking info and the like, but I don't like trying to start a conversation in it.

Anyways, I'm likin the music. It feels very reminiscent of PSO, has that same sort of sci-fi exploratory ambiance in it. I'm taking it as a good sign for the soundtrack. I just hope to god we don't get any of that terrible rock music PSU had. Hated that crap.
    Last edited by Sord; Aug 16, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

Oh geez. This is just... to bad for my ears...

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Sounds EXACTLY like ep3 to me, which is good.

Still, for the title theme, I wish they would have used something more calm.

Almost sounds like 3 different pieces strung together in a fashion to PSUv1's (underrated due to people only listening to the first 20 seconds) title screen overture.

But I approve of it and of its thrown in PSO synth pads and space whale noises! So far all BGM signs are positive!

The hunt for a recurring melody/motif within the PSO2 soundtrack begins now..

It sounds like a PSO song, but it doesn't share the same catchy composition as most of the PSO songs. I dont think there are too many PSO Ep.III songs that I didn't like. But honestly, this is just the menu music. There's really nothing to base this off of. It's NOT ANNOYING and its NOT BAD, and thats all it needs to be. For a menu track, anyway. PSU's music consistantly sounded obnoxious to me. I really dont know what it was.

The real story? Wait until we hear some level tunes. They say the songs transition in this game like in PSO. I'm hoping that means they have 2 different BGMs that complement eachother and transition correctly. (Like in PSO, where each transition is actually seamless and not just a fade-in/fade-out.) This definitely has the PSO quality to it, though. The music shown in the first trailer was quite catchy as well. And im going to have to admit, i was no real fan of most of PSO Ep.I's BGMs. I liked Idola the Holy, Dragon, Vol Opt, and the Ruins the most. The other tracks sounded great though. Ep.II is where shit got real, though. And Episode III was just....best quality game OST ever composed, IMO. It just consistently had great tracks.

What this DOES prove, however, is that they're taking the quality of the music seriously in this game. Thank. God. Finally.