Page 106 of 122 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1212

This is one situation where PSO can take ques from Monster Hunter. MH's boss fights were absolutely amazing.

And this looked like it favored an MH battle.

For once, it looks like a PSO boss with some better programming and animations to boot. The fight takes place on a big field, at first it looks like close range and then he goes out to the big field. I dunno if it's supposed to be like that, but it was neat.

I was honestly surprised to see the dragon go underground, i did not think they would do that with an enemy that size. I was also surprised to see him actually fly. It looked like he was just gonna jump around. I like how he came out the ground powered up from the lava!

The ONLY thing i was sad about was the fact that he didn't go underground and then chase you. It looked like they were setting up for that when the dragon flees to the huge part of the arena. He DID finally fly and start attacking in the air, but i was sooo waiting for that spiral dive into the ground with his desperation attack.

Im fucking excited for the other bosses in the game now. I hope they get REAL creative with the environments and desperation attacks. I wanna get surprised! I want a shock like the first time i saw the Gol Dragon go underground, expecting a chase attack, and instead got shadowclones X_X

Quote Originally Posted by BioWarrior View Post
    I was under the impression MH was an RPG. Also a bit of a PSO clone so I never touched it.
    It is still an RPG... Dunno why he said it isn't. o.O

And the Monster Hunter and the PSO series are very similar in terms of gameplay... Main difference is that the weapon types and items are all very unique in their own way in Monster Hunter. Oh, and you don't level up your character, you just get better equipment.

In PSO, the only difference between melee weapons(aside from stats) are the number of attacks you can do in 1 combo, and the number of enemies they can hit in one strike(oh, and small differences in the range of the weapon). In Monster Hunter, each weapon type has it's own quirk and identity.

I'm liking how PSO2 weapons are looking though... Sword has a nice range, a stepping in kicking attack to keep combos going, the ability to block, and PAs that just blow the enemy away. Wired Lances have many quick attacks to hit enemies all around you, and PAs to grab onto and even throw enemies around. Gunslash.... Well its main difference to other weapons should be obvious. <.<

I think if MH worked more like PSO in terms of weapon usage (in MH you specalize in a weapon type, in PSO you pick what works best for the situation), then it'd be much better.

I could never get into MH because PSO spoiled me. You're stuck with one weapon for long periods of time until you can get the stuff to build another one, and then it's not always completely better looking.

Oh, I'm stoked now. As a fan of PSO and Monster Hunter, this is kind of a dream come true! Hahaha.
    Phantasy Star Online 2 | Ship 2
    The Ginyu Force
    Lyric

Who's to say Vol Dragon is even a boss? Could just be a rare encounter since it's in the multiparty area. Just like rockbear is the rare encounter for the jungle.
    Until an official note says otherwise, I will consider any enemy with a "Code: Duel" event or that you can jump on its back as a boss.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Video doesn't load at all for me. D:
    I had the same problem with IE but it worked when using Firefox.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    The more this looks like MH, the less I want to play it. Sounds really bad.
    Then don't play and don't post. Move on man that simple.

I like the fact that they aren't all caged up. Gives it a more real feel and besides what minions are just going to stand there and watch the "boss" get beat up. I say thumbs up.

Yeah, because your incredibly constructive reply is worth more than my post, I get that.

Reply or replies? Maybe you should pick a forum room that you, I don't know, enjoy? Support? Hm..

I was under the impression MH was an RPG. Also a bit of a PSO clone so I never touched it.
    No, MH is more an action game. It has some RPG elements, but reflexes count for more than stats.
    Coming Soon!