Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Are sabers not in PSO2 or something?

Sabers are an iconic symbol of Star Wars Phantasy Star Online. Are they not in PSO2? I've yet to see one.

Is sword the default Hunter starting weapon? My brother will not be pleased :<

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

So far, it looks like gunslash is hybriding / replacing both saber and pistol. I personally want sabers and pistols to be included as separate weapons. Keep in mind, that this is the alpha, not the beta, and that things are extremely likely / are going to change between now and release. This is by no means the final build.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Gent of Piss Bulgereek Nookstain's Avatar

Considering there doesn't appear to be any right hand/left hand specific equipment slots for weapons, combining pistol and saber into one weapon is by far preferable to having them occupy to weapon slots ala PSO.

Personally, I'd be very surprised if they didn't have regular sabers and handguns in PSO2. It'd mean they'd have to omit or alter iconic weapons like the DB's Saber, Varista, etc.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I understand that, but I'd rather at least have the option to carry a standard pistol. They could make them stronger than the ranged option of the gunslash, and the same could be done with the saber.

I'm well aware of the fact that it seems redundant, unneeded. I just simply stated what I would like.

EDIT: I will say this about the current incarnation of the gunslash, it doesn't seem to be as unwieldy as the ones from PSZ.

EDIT #2: Oh, I just remembered. I expect to see a saber and pistol tapped together with duct tape as a findable rare. That, in my opinion, is an almost instant buy in and of itself. Just because it'd be so gosh-darn funny.
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Aug 19, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

Gent of Piss Bulgereek Nookstain's Avatar

Oh no, then they'd actually have to create new weapons!

It's already been stated by Sakai and co. that area, weapon, and tech availability would be limited in the early phases of alpha as they are focusing on network flow and performance. I would expect to see many aspects of the game expanded as we move into beta phases.

I find it cool that they have made the newer weapon types available now.
    Last edited by uhawww; Aug 19, 2011 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uhawww View Post
    It's already been stated by Sakai and co. that area, weapon, and tech availability would be limited in the early phases of alpha as they are focusing on network flow and performance. I would expect to see many aspects of the game expanded as we move into beta phases.

I find it cool that they have made the newer weapon types available now.
    Yes, you're right. though, it makes sense that some of the newer weapons are showcased first. It gives them more time to test and fix them. They already have a lot of data on the other weapons based off of previous games. Rifles and rods being in so early is probably due to the fact that they need to test TPS and see what needs tweaking. And swords? Well, swords are a mainstay of these kinds of games, right? (I am SO looking at you, Cloud.) Plus, they had to give hunters something that wasn't new to fall back on, right?

Am I the only one who found saber/pistol combo in PSU fucking awesome? I play FOmar so I didn't even use it; I just loved the option.

If sabers are out I'll be sad, but if they make it a rare item it'll be cool ;p

Oh, I loved it. XD