Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Minimal Cast Customization?

I love casts... but I can't help but notice two things from the character customization videos available..

1. Not much variation between costumes

and 2. Straight up mechs...

I'm hoping for some more variety than what's been shown so far, perhaps some humanoid options for male casts.. Not so every cast player looks like a Gundam.

If I've missed something, my bad.. but does anyone agree? Thoughts?

The game is in a closed Alpha, so don't worry too much about it. There will be more customization.

Alpha.

Phantasy Star.

Customization.

Dont worry it'll be fine.

For Male Casts, only 2 of the models are finished, The RAcast parts and the HUcast parts. The FOcast parts are just a recolor of the RAcast right now. But yeah, they all look pretty mech-ish.

I'm sure they'll have sleek android parts eventually though.

It looks like they've completely done away with proportions and stuff for Casts. You guys will be built from true PARTS, now.

Im happy they did it, really. It restricts them from looking exactly like fleshies, but at the same time makes them truely unique, and now Casts can have some actual robot looks to them.

Maybe there'll be a part that turns your legs into boosters so you look like you just hover indefinitely. Or, one that takes away your bicepts so it looks like your hands are being magicially/magnetically controlled. That'd be so badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    It looks like they've completely done away with proportions and stuff for Casts. You guys will be built from true PARTS, now.

Im happy they did it, really. It restricts them from looking exactly like fleshies, but at the same time makes them truely unique, and now Casts can have some actual robot looks to them.

Maybe there'll be a part that turns your legs into boosters so you look like you just hover indefinitely. Or, one that takes away your bicepts so it looks like your hands are being magicially/magnetically controlled. That'd be so badass.
    Ray-bot? That would be awesome. Hang on, calling that name if it's possible, because it's also a wonderful pun.
    Coming Soon!

Really hoping they're aren't limited to the heavy-looking, bulky, robotic parts though.. Even the standard HUcast style from PSO would be great.

<-------------------------
    Last edited by Worship; Aug 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM.

This is only the alpha, not the finished game; so alot of things are missing from it. I'm sure there are going to be lot's of other suits for fleshies, and various kinds of Cast parts added to the game in the future....
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    This is only the alpha, not the finished game; so alot of things are missing from it. I'm sure there are going to be lot's of other suits for fleshies, and various kinds of Cast parts added to the game in the future....
    This. If they don't have about 20 times as many outfits/parts in the full game, it would be what can only be described as a fail.

Gent of Piss Bulgereek Nookstain's Avatar

CASTs in this series have always looked like shit, so there's not much reason to expect it will be different this time around.

FOcast actually looks decent from the concept art, but I'll wait and see the actual in-game model before passing judgment.