Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    People who did not play DC version in this post

In PSO DC v1, HUmar, HUnewearl, RAmar, FOmarl, FOnewm and FOnewearl could use all technics up to Lv15. This did make Forces rather pointless, even if they had different stats and different roles.

In PSO DC v2, HUmar, HUnewearl, RAmar could use all technics up to Lv15, but FOmarl, FOnewm and FOnewearl could use all technics up to Lv30. No class had a technic cap of 20. Forces could not deal any damage, though, since even a max-level FOnewearl with Lv30 technics could barely deal 100 points of damage to enemies with 3000~5000 HP, but Lv30 S/D/J/Z were mandatory to play Mine and Ruins on Ultimate.
    Thank you for being more specific than me.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    nope.avi - YouTube

Just sayin' that you don't have an excuse to me uninformed.
    -click at own risk-

Spoiler!
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    It is not a useless stat if you have weapons that deal damage based on that stat, like: rods, wands and slicers (Zero), RCSM (PSU), longbow (PSP2). My HUney caused havoc to bosses using the slicer in Zero
    You may have noticed that I was talking about PSO, and not PSU and the handheld games.

Within the context of PSO, weapons dealt damage based on ATP alone, MST had exactly three effects: It increases technique damage dealt (by a rather small amount), it increases your maximum TP, and it is the requirement stat for learning technique disks.

We also know from the alpha videos we've seen that Rods do in fact have a physical attack power stat (attack powers per weapon are rated with red for melee damage, blue for ranged damage, and yellow for technique damage - rods have red and yellow power stats, much like how gunslashes have red and blue stats), which leads us to believe that they are likely not based on technique power for attacking physically with them.

This is my point: If Hunters and Rangers cannot cast techniques on their own, then the technique power stat (whatever they decide to call it in English) is completely useless as far as we know to those classes. Therefore, since playing as a Human or Newman has a primary benefit of being able to use techniques well or exceptionally-well (respectively), this stat would have absolutely no use to those classes, and therefore, an Android character would be almost universally-better than them as these classes.

If Hunters and Rangers can, in fact, cast techniques, then there is no such problem - because those two races no longer have a meaningless stat to them. At the same time, it opens up a lot of possibilities for hybrid styles of gameplay, which were a primary component to PSO across all of its versions.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

>Force weapons not drawing upon Tech for damage.

Might as well hope that PSO2 doesn't give enemies absurd resistances in harder difficulties.