Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle mage

Default Battle mage

How have they worked out for you? I was thinking about making one but I don't want to until I hear from someone else about them

hmm... I don't think its a good idea.
    If you see at the max atp of all FO classes, FOmar:1002 FOmarl: 872 FOnewm: 814 and FOnewearl: 583 a level 90 HUnewearl could have more atp then this :d

Anyhow go for a max stats plan and you could be any kind of FO you want

Don't get me wrong it could be fun using canes, rods and sticks as melee weapons and finaly using cards but ya it would slow things down allot.

Its actually quite fun but you definitely need a human, preferably a FOmar, if you want to run a battle mage. I use a FOmarl myself and with the right equipment you can dish out some good damage. A good pair of high hit mechs, Justice are nice as are charge vulcans, possible a Vivienne for FOmarls or you could go for a Crimson Coat/Red Saber combo. De Rol Le shield is good for the Def boost too.

One thing you will need is high level support spells. On Ult you really want very high 20s, preferably lv30 if you can find them. So long as you boost yourself up and cast J/Z all over you can easily do some good damage.

On Ep1 they work really well, Ep2 not so good and Ep4....well thats where I switched back to a magic user and got myself a V801. It is fun...but it is a lot slower to level as a battle mage when compared to a tech mage.

<Second signiture image was too large, in file size and combined pixel width with the first image>

Ugh.

Charge vulcans are'nt bad I guess, but they're really overrated ;>>.

Never liked the delay thingy on mech guns, and I'm pretty sure it can't out damage LK-38 by much...but I don't want to get into an argument so I'll just shut up.
    I'll get a new sig pic soon =w=
    Rika
    Ship 10
    ID: Colors

i'm with Koha-Chan, Charge Vuls aren't as good as they're made out to be and the delay is too long. on GC it was Red Handgun all the way, on BB it was Master Raven/Last Swan

If you want to melee things, it's better to take a hunter with a side of techs than a force with a side of melee.
    That's just my opinion though. Also GC or BB?

Anyone can utilize ATP. You can battle mage with a FOnewearl.
    Why?
    1. Lv.30 Jellen/Zalure/Shifta/Deband
    2. Because there's a million OP as hell weapons available, yes, even for a FOnewearl.

Problem?
    Usually require weapons with more Hit% due to low accuracy, most ESPECIALLY FOmar/FOmarl.

BlueBurst it's especially easier to utilize battle-mage to OP potential.

FOnewearls are terrible for melee, they don't have enough ATP to equip an Excalibur, their ATP is too low to make very good use of Vivienne and they're not male so they can't use Asteron Belt. The only things a FOnewearl should be equipping other than casting items is Slicer of Fanatic and Bringer's Rifle for Demon's.

Quote Originally Posted by o.w.w.a.y. I phantom View Post
    How have they worked out for you? I was thinking about making one but I don't want to until I hear from someone else about them
    Listen to what your heart is telling you to do!

~Melee FOnewearl~ GOGOGO!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeartBreak301 View Post
    FOnewearls are terrible for melee, they don't have enough ATP to equip an Excalibur, their ATP is too low to make very good use of Vivienne and they're not male so they can't use Asteron Belt. The only things a FOnewearl should be equipping other than casting items is Slicer of Fanatic and Bringer's Rifle for Demon's.
    Excalibur is one of a million OP weapons, and I actually rarely use it on any toon to be honest.

They can use Vivienne quite well. What you're doing is comparing it to how other classes use it. Then obviously it would appear IN COMPARISON that their "ATP is too low to make very good use of Vivienne". But Lv.30 Shifta and Lv.30 Zalure make for a ridiculously huge difference in damage. RIDICULOUSLY HUGE, like stupid WTFCRAZY difference.

Asteron Belt? Principal's Gift Parasol. So convenient for my extra S/D/R/A range too.
    Rainbow Baton is pretty boss too.
    Holy Ray and L&K38 Combat is amazing
    Even a Last Swan works.

Best part of utilizing ATP weapons with your Force is because you're still obviously a Force and can exercise your Techniques spontaneously with your Weapon usage.
    Meaning, no shit you might not have the same whoopass as a Hunter or Ranger using ATP-based weaponry, but you can just as easily start nuking the hell out of everything while keeping Buffs/Debuffs in check.
    This isn't PSU, you don't have to SWITCH WEAPONS to use Techniques.
    While you hold out your flashy gatling gun you can blast the floor with ice, Phantasty Star Online is cool like that.

And don't lie, you don't REALLY want to walk in a room and feel obligated to only spam the same 1-3 techniques over and over and over and over and over and eat Fluids like crazy.
    Have some fun and smack mobs over the head
    Shoot somebody with a gatling
    Spin that double saber like you just watched Starwars.
    Blow shit up with your techniques while you're at it.

No class is limited to exercising good use of ATP-weapons.
    However, note there's classes that ARE limited in exercising good Technique usage.
    As a Force, the only thing you really can't do is lay a Trap. (Unless it's Battlemode of course... then go for it)

Don't talk crap about Battle-mages unless you have played every Force through Ultimate and tried it.
    I have had all Force classes (from GC and even BB) to at least Lv.140-180 and I have a wtfton of ATP-based weapons as well as MST-based weapons with them at their disposal, and they can ALL use them efficiently even on Ultimate. And no, I don't mean Ultimate Forest. I spam shit in Ruins, Seabed, and Subterranean Desert.