Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battle mage

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    I spam shit
    sounds about right

are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about pso. It's a pretty easy game where even 4 Casts can join a group and dominate anything without any support class. Seriously, you are making this sound like a game where you actually have to put a valiant effort into classifying and diversifying specific character classes and set appropriate roles to ensure victory. lol, gtfo with your elitism

EDIT: You can have your S/D, your R/A, and there will still be J/Z all the time. Why the hell do you care if your Force isn't only nuking shit 24/7? You're still going to kill everything almost instantly anyways with a couple HU/RA in a party. As long as you're getting your heals and buffs and enemies are getting debuffed, why can't the force do whatever the hell else it wants in between?

Stop making it sound like this game takes proper teamwork!
    You take your buffs and heals and stfu
    If a force wants to melee for fun get over it as long as they're still supporting the group.

The elitism in this thread is literally wtfoverthetopridiculous
    Get over yourselves
    ;__;
    Try playing for fun rather than how fast can you clear quest.
    Last edited by Genoa; Sep 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM.

Wow, didn't this topic start out with a question on whether a melee force was possible and/or fun?

I'd say yes to both. The efficiency is of doing so is of course debatable but I've had plenty of fun with melee forces in the past. Its a good way to concerse meseta if you are a poor force (although once you reach ult this shouldn't be a problem) and it adds a pinch of nutmeg to the otherwise bog standard rice pudding of force nuking. XD

Of course a HUcast is going to out damage you, but then that class is generally like using a hedge trimmer on your house plants. If you play PSO the way Sega intended, ie; hunter melee whore, rangers needle spam and force tech nuke, then the game becomes easy and straight forwards.

Its only when you go off track that things get a little more tricky, and melee forcing is one way of doing this. Once you've been playing the game for a while the relentless grind of PSO starts to grate a bit and I'd much rather do something fun and different to add a little excitement. I sometimes set myself dumb tasks like clearing a certain boss using only a Durandal or something. XD God it can get intense at times.

But yes, in closing I'd say this. Any force class can melee. Any force class can be fun when you melee. You aren't going to do as well as a HUcast bomb...but frankly if you're rolling on the floor laughing as a Del Lily megid spams you for the 12th time that morning...or nearly snapping your controller in two as Falzy dodges your saber swings again....who cares?

XD

<Second signiture image was too large, in file size and combined pixel width with the first image>

Try playing for fun rather than how fast you can clear a quest.
    Newsflash: Fun is subjective to each and every person.

The definition of fun is not to purposely play bad, it is enjoyment and amusement, and (this might come as a shock to you) not everyone enjoys themselves playing a game slowly like you might do.

Now, onto the topic at hand.
    You are suggesting that a FOnewearl can melee very well.
    Okay, she can melee.
    It might be fun for you.

However, she can't do it very well.

I have had two FOnewearls past the 195 mark, a 200 FOnewm and a FOmarl at about roughly 140 or so. I have tried melee on every single one, with the best equipment possible for them.

When I played my FOmarl and FOnewm, it was decent, and quite fun, as I could kill an enemy or two that others didn't have their attention on. However, when I gave my FOmarl equipment to my FOnewearl, which consists of:

• Two Viviennes, fully sphered with hit.
    • A Diska of Braveman, sphered with Thirteen.
    • A 54H Principal's Gift Parasol.
    • A Rambling May sphered in N/M/D.
    • Charge Gatlings with 50Hit

I was sorely disappointed. The damage that she output was very, very low, and added to this, she missed far too much as specials had to be used to do any realistic (if her damage can be considered realistic) damage.

This is not my idea of fun. Taking minutes on one spawn of enemies because a FOnewearl's damage output is so low is not how I want to spend my time on PSO. I want to kill things. I want to do it at a decent pace, and get this: So do the majority of people.

Why do you think people hunt things? Why do you think people level up? To kill things faster than they could before. They might not want to take it to the level of Time Attacking, but they, for sure, don't want to do it slowly. This is what people might regard fun as on PSO, you might not, but that doesn't mean anyone else is automatically wrong.

Maybe some people do want to take it slowly. That's fine and dandy. But whatever you do, don't go around posting that tactics such as a melee FOnewearl are efficient and just as good as playing any other character, because guess what; they're not, not matter how much you try to delude yourself.

---

OP: Melee FO is a fine character if you pick FOmarl or FOnewm (I do not recommend FOmar, he misses brick walls with his amazing ATA if you try to output decent damage with him (specials and the like)). With weapons such as Vivienne, Master Raven/Last Swan, 50H Charge/Vises (I don't find Excalibur that useful) and Demon's usage for higher HP enemies (Slicer of Fanatic / Bringer's Rifle), these characters can be useful in most parties where some enemies to the side are left to live temporarily.

No matter what FO you pick, you will want to fill all roles though; that is support, melee (if FOnewearl, just use Demon's / Simple Techs) and nuking (nuking is for solo play mostly, but Gifoie can be useful in Forest, Caves, Mines and Episode 4). Support must always take top priority in parties, but if you are playing by yourself, feel free to do whatever you like.
    PSP2: Matt - Male Cast - 16x - HU 15/RA 2/FO 1/VA 30

FOmar and my LK38/Excalibur<3
    FTD helps me look bawss too, I just have good set of slots, and a nice mag.
    I absolutly love being Battle Force, mainly because I suck at tech bombing, but I feel that I'm great with Support, but at the same time I also am great at Melee/Ranged.