My oh my, might I say that Ultimate mode is the hardest thing thrown at me so far. I just got there and love the change of the scenery on Pioneer 2 and the forest level. But is it HARD!!!! Man, I need some help on how to defeat those annoying (and large) Bartles!!!

Thanks for the info!

Eventually, you will realize that those bartles are incredibly slow. If you use a rifle weapon, you can hit them with, weak,strong,strong attacks and they will never even hit you...if youre a ranger...

I used to just use my Varista on them. Kept them at bay, used them as blockers for the other enemies, paralyzed them, etc.

Just use everything to your advantage, eventually you'll be kicking their ass rather quickly.
    Look, he did it again.

Mechguns (LHH combo) are good for a single target. I'd recommend a good shotgun-class weapon for groups of critters (just make sure you use it at a distance). Now is the time to make good use of that Whitill ID and hunt Hildetorrs to get yourself a Frozen Shooter. If I were you I would ditch that Double Saber, as cool as they look. Rangers are called rangers for a reason. Fighting hand-to-hand with them at lower levels is tantamount to committing suicide.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-03-19 16:00 ]</font>

Im a RAmar to and had trouble killing them too,i had to cherry pick em, intill i foun Stag Cultery! :happy:

On 2003-03-19 15:11, ABDUR101 wrote:
    I used to just use my Varista on them. Kept them at bay, used them as blockers for the other enemies, paralyzed them, etc.

Just use everything to your advantage, eventually you'll be kicking their ass rather quickly.
    Yea, I figured that out after my first hit from them. OUCH!!!!