Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up "effective" online playing

i am around lvl 77
    beast
    vanguard lvl 11

a few questions whether the way how i play is effective:

1. players 15-20 lvls below me: i suggest them to hit the mobs once and then go away and let me tank/kill. they can get the exp and there's low chance for them to die during the battle.
    2. players 30 lvls higher: i hit the mobs once, drop var. traps(optional), then keep healing/buffs or provides little help by chaining if i see that the player using mates regulary and i don't take too much dmg. i can get the exp and can survive.
    3. partymembers in my lvl range seem never to buff themselves and don't rly care about that. should i try to draw out of the battle and buff them?

4. what does the (xx.m) in partylist mean? is it ping? (lower means better connection?)
    5. sometimes it's lagging like hell and i can't even change weapons. should i just running around or is it possible to get killed even there is no mob near me (due to the lags)?

1. Ask them to spam Jellen or Zalure.
    2. Use Jellen and Zalure, heal when you can, buff them always and help them chain/dps when you can.
    3. Yes and No. If they have hard time, you should always buff them. As for me, i always try to keep everyone buffed.
    4. I really dont know, never saw that. Do you mean the green bar near Health bar? Yes, it's ping.
    5. If you are not the host yes. Always try to host if you hate lag, some ppl have a really bad connection.

Psp2i:
    Newearl, Ori Ur'Shimana Lvl12X (R:0) RNG Lv10, Vanguard Lv21
    Male Cast, Murlocking Lvl97 (R:0) Hunter Lv14, Vanguard Lv14
    Male Beast, Meanpower Lvl6X (R:0) Hunter Lvl3, Vanguard Lv9
    Female Human, ILLUMINA Lvl26 (R:0) Force Lv4
    Sig image is 372,177 bytes, keep your image at 50kb or less.

1. Jellen or Zalure from them is best if they have it.
    2. Jellen or Zalure or various techs like a well placed Diga.
    3. If you can just buff the players nearest to you, the one that's farthest can probably hold out unless they're in the red.
    4. xx m is time in minutes. New parties will always have 0-10m.
    5. There is a delay even when running around, and that there might be an offset chance you may have gotten hit earlier and that it won't show up until after a 5-10 second delay.

1. ah, right, i forgot jellen/zalure, well i think taking the time to ask them whether they have it and actually cast it is some kind of wasted, sometimes some players are not really ........ how should i put it.... well informed that's the word
    2. yes, that's what i should do, strange i didn't noticed it myself. then i need a second buff....thing. what would be good: heal empowered stick for healing + ecoecostick for shifta/deband/jellen/zalure?
    3. ok so it's better to keep everone alive
    4. so it shows how much time the party has been going on. is there any possiblity to see the connection quality of the party?
    Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    ....that there might be an offset chance you may have gotten hit earlier and that it won't show up until after a 5-10 second delay.
    Last edited by xenon0002; Aug 29, 2011 at 10:31 AM.

1. Ranged weapons is another method they can try to help. Twin handguns would be the best considering they can strafe around, dodge and block when necessary.
    2. Whichever methods work best for you, I normally carry a gun and a rod with Shifta, Deband, Resta and Giresta.
    3. That's only assuming they're closeby.
    4. The longer the party has been around the more likely they're doing something different, there's no way of knowing on how great the connection is until you actually join despite the amount of time already invested in the party. They could well have disconnected by the time you join a party.

Quote Originally Posted by xenon0002 View Post
    1. ah, right, i forgot jellen/zalure, well i think taking the time to ask them whether they have it and actually cast it is some kind of wasted, sometimes some players are not really ........ how should i put it.... well informed that's the word
    2. yes, that's what i should do, strange i didn't noticed it myself. then i need a second buff....thing. what would be good: heal empowered stick for healing + ecoecostick for shifta/deband/jellen/zalure?
    3. ok so it's better to keep everone alive
    4. so it shows how much time the party has been going on. is there any possiblity to see the connection quality of the party?
    5. .....
    4. I really dont know, never saw that. Do you mean the green bar near Health bar? Yes, it's ping.

The green bar next to health bar is the Ping info.

Psp2i:

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocking View Post

The green bar next to health bar is the Ping info.
    no,no, i didn't mean that. the bar you mentioned shows my own connectivity i think and with a full connection it should be blue?
    i mean when you go to the party list and left of the parties there are always the info (123 min) or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by xenon0002 View Post
    no,no, i didn't mean that. the bar you mentioned shows my own connectivity i think and with a full connection it should be blue?
    i mean when you go to the party list and left of the parties there are always the info (123 min) or something like that.
    Well i understand that part, i mean from what i know, you can only see your connection status (ping) next to your health bar in-game.

Sorry if i said you can see other ppl Ping cause it's not possible.

Psp2i:

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    2. Whichever methods work best for you, I normally carry a gun and a rod with Shifta, Deband, Resta and Giresta.
    2. so for playing with high lvlers i just need shield(for higher def)+gun(for chaining) should i take a hand gun or machine gun? and rod for buffs and shield + stick (healing)

Handgun is better imo, except if you use Meseta Fever with Machine Gun.

Yes wand are nice cause they cast faster and you can cast while "walking on side" (can't think of the damn word!!)

Psp2i: