Default Is a Mind/DEF Sato possible?

So, I'm going about preparing for making a Mind Sato for my FOmarl. I've been bumping heads with my friend about how Sato may not be a good mag for her, due to DEX and POW being absolutely useless to that class. Originally, I really didn't care, because I was just trying to have fun, but he did have a point that I'll be a lot less effective relying on it than other mind mags. He has mentioned however that basing it around Mind with DEF being possible. I've also heard the same from another.

The thing is, I don't know what to really think of it. I know DEF would be real great seeing as my FOmarl is virtually horrid with defense, but is even possible? He virtually said I could have a 50 DEF/150 MIND setup. I have that statement under suspicion, but if it is possible I think that would be a great use for my FOmarl. But can you guys help me out with this? I know how concise the guide is about making a Sato, but I'd need some real good insight from the well experienced.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Sep 1, 2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Its possible but you will always end up with some levels in ATA due to the requirements for a Sato.

You can use this guide to get to 100 with the minimum possible levels in ATA

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...cle&artid=1025

Then just stuff it full of trifluids to raise both Def and Mind. So yes, its possible, but expensive.

<Second signiture image was too large, in file size and combined pixel width with the first image>

It is possible to do with 0 DEX and 0 POW, but you'd need 50 DEF, I once made a guide for Mags with 20/0/0/30. The stats at level 100 would be 50/0/0/50. Unfortunately, I do not remember how I did that exactly several years ago.

If you examine the feeding charts you should be able to get the 50/0/0/50 Mag. From there it is easy, but long to finish off with all MIND.

Well, after going through the Mag Farm and checking possible combinations, I have reached a problem. Going the mind route with everything, I end up with Tapas. But apparently it will not transform into anything else, leaving me with only 2 photon blasts. I'm kinda worried how things are going here. I continued to at least level 80, leaving me with 30/0/0/50, so having a Sato evolution would be assured 20 levels after, but it will be a task keeping everything steady as both POW and MIND begin to tip into the next level. I'm kinda stumped here.

Edit: Ketchup345, I have been trying my hand at your mag guide to see where I can get. Apparently, the evolutions your guide has doesn't seem to come at level 50. That kind of puts a damper on this mag having a complete PB pallete. I have gone through all 3 level 35 mag combinations and end up with the same problem.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Sep 2, 2011 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    Well, after going through the Mag Farm and checking possible combinations, I have reached a problem. Going the mind route with everything, I end up with Tapas. But apparently it will not transform into anything else, leaving me with only 2 photon blasts. I'm kinda worried how things are going here. I continued to at least level 80, leaving me with 30/0/0/50, so having a Sato evolution would be assured 20 levels after, but it will be a task keeping everything steady as both POW and MIND begin to tip into the next level. I'm kinda stumped here.

Edit: Ketchup345, I have been trying my hand at your mag guide to see where I can get. Apparently, the evolutions your guide has doesn't seem to come at level 50. That kind of puts a damper on this mag having a complete PB pallete. I have gone through all 3 level 35 mag combinations and end up with the same problem.
    What version, character class, and ID are you using? I did those on GC.

I believe when I made mine I tried to keep them close together after level 50, and along with the 50+ evolution charts, it worked fine.

I'm on Blue Burst. I started out as follows using the Mag Farm:

Pinkal FOmarl>Vitra at LV15>Switch to Viridia RAcast>Tapas at LV35>By level 50 the mag did not change form. Stats were at 20/0/0/30.

Viridia RAcast>Kalki at LV15>Switch to Whitill FOmarl>Namuci at LV35> By level 50 the mag did not change form.

Then I decided to try mag evolution using just my RAcast combination. It still gave the same results. I don't really want to risk this ingame honestly, as that will be time and money lost. But I'm following the Mag Farm program intently so I can make sure this doesn't mess up when I try it for real. As for reaching 50/0/0/50, I have reached that yet. Things became real hard to keep together by level 70, so I'm working on simulating that properly. So far this program is giving me a mag without a level 50 evolution and only 2 photon blasts. :/

Ah, you have to do it in game. Mag Farm gets confused by those, and doesn't know what to do with it, so it doesn't change it at all.

Mag Farm can be a good tool, but it doesn't account for every situation.

I was afraid of this. I was hoping I would get a perfect formula ready before attempting this ingame. It looks like I have no choice but to attempt this risk.