Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acrotecher

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post
    (sorry Midori but I disagree that on 360 TECH slowdown isn't much of a problem - there's precious few useful ones for AT which are safe for surrounding players).
    I guess for Acrotecher it is a problem in ways.

1: Acrotechers for the most part are in parties so there will be more slowdown with techs.
    2: In my experience, lvl 31-40 techs seem to cause more slowdown than lvl 41+ techs.

I guess I was just talking from a Masterforce point of view on the techs.

How did you do your timings? PAs are much quicker across the board when they don't hit anything (certainly this is the case on 360) - so to get accurate timings you have to do them with enemies around. With the whip especially, not only is there the added delay due to impacts, but the drawing of those impact 'flashes' causes the game to slow down for a frame or two. Also you need to do the PA twice, the timing is the gap between your X button (or equivalent) presses - I recorded them and used the frame of animation for when buttons have been pressed. Some PAs have a longer recovery time than others, so just measuring what appears to be the end of the attack doesn't really give the true time.
    I did 2 PAs in a row with Fraps running, then measured the difference in timestamps from the first button press to the second in Adobe Premiere, rounded to the nearest 0.1 second

It's not the drawing of hit sparks that causes the game to slow down. They're an innate design feature and a staple in Japanese fighting games, known as "hit pauses", typically put to make it easier for players to tell if an attack has connected or not, and for dramatic effect. Part of what makes PSU such a distinctly Japanese game.

You might even want to compare it to Dezza vs 2 targets... That PA coupled with the broken whip is out of step with everything else.
    I did, with the 1.2x bonus from Silver Cranial too. Without an ATA check, Lv30 Moubu does more damage than Lv30 Vivi Dezza - 1250% Att/sec vs 915% Att/sec, and that's before the ATP difference of twin daggers vs. whips (Edited for JP Moubu timings)

It might be due to my excessively poor ping (280ish), they've just finished spawning by the time I'm standing right in the middle of them.
    It is. By the time I get close enough, the ranger does a backflip ._. Who'd have thought bad ping could help in TAs?
    Last edited by Selphea; Oct 6, 2011 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    It's not the drawing of hit sparks that causes the game to slow down.
    On 360 it's part of it It's particularly obvious with shotguns at close range, there are places where you can shoot 5 enemies and get obvious slowdown during the connection of the shots - aim camera down and it speeds up. You still get the impact pause, but the slowdown is gone.

I'm not sure if you ever played 360, but for example just having names switched on results in an obvious increase in instances of slowdown.

I'm not sure if you ever played 360
    Only US PC/PS2, on and off =p Somehow the JP version's managed to convince me to stay longer. Sounds like 360 really gets the short end of the stick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Sounds like 360 really gets the short end of the stick though.
    That community deserves it. =P
    Xbox 360 - Prototype 07 Cast M AT Lv 180
    JP PSU -Proto Human M GT Lv 70