Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    "Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

I definitely agree with Mich and Remius, I'm definitely thinking that rifles need to be toned down a good deal to allow other weapons to shine. I mean, part of the reason I love PSU (Yes, I love it, I still play it. Haters can sod off.) is because of the fact that you have different weapons for different situations. Large single target with one hard point? Boom, rifle. Need to deal with mobile enemies? Boom, Twin pistols. Large group of small targets? Go for the ever lovin' Laser Cannon. Large enemy with multiple hard points? GRENAAAAAAAAAAADE Launcher!

And that was just ranger, don't even get me started on my HUcaseal. (Wait, did I just....? Oh, screw it! PSO NAMING CONVENTIONS!!!)

Oh, and I demand Spears with an AOE option. And Knuckles. And De Ragon Slayer 2.0.

....oh, and a Laser Pannon, can't forget that!
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

I personally don't really care for the idea of switching out weapons for different situations, but seeing as how the palette as returned that's probably the direction they're going for.

I see weapon-choice in game almost as an extension of your class and unique personalization. I suppose it makes more sense to constantly be swapping guns as a RA, since it kind of goes with the concept of being a 'space marine' type, but I've always felt that HUs are identified by their weapon-type choice. Maybe it's because I grew up on JRPGs, but I'd find it weird to see Nei wielding an Axe, or Odin/Tyrone flipping around with daggers.

PSP2 had weapon specialization through the Type Abilities system and I thought that was perfect! I'm hoping there will be something similar in PSO2.
    Last edited by Angelo; Sep 9, 2011 at 09:34 AM.

Please... please SEGA... Tell us there are more guns than just that combi-rifle. I want SHOTGUNS damnit. Or Flak Cannons from Unreal Tournament . Grenade launchers.... :<

The sound from that assault rifle is starting to get boring and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    I personally don't really care for the idea of switching out weapons for different situations, but seeing as how the palette as returned that's probably the direction they're going for.

I see weapon-choice in game almost as an extension of your class and unique personalization. I suppose it makes more sense to constantly be swapping guns as a RA, since it kind of goes with the concept of being a 'space marine' type, but I've always felt that HUs are identified by their weapon-type choice. Maybe it's because I grew up on JRPGs, but I'd find it weird to see Nei wielding an Axe, or Odin/Tyrone flipping around with daggers.

PSP2 had weapon specialization through the Type Abilities system and I thought that was perfect! I'm hoping there will be something similar in PSO2.
    that sounds alright, specializing if you want to. But It's kinda nice to be using a Spear, then you decide that knuckles might be handy, so you go to them, but then a big monster appears and you have to bring down the hurt, so you switch a claymore and drop it on his face. I'm a spear/knuckle guy myself, but variety is the spice of life, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Canard de Bain View Post
    The sound from that assault rifle is starting to get boring and annoying.
    HERESY!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    Where's are you "hearing" this o_o

Anyhow I actually liked that there were 2342353 different weapon types, and you can just grab whatever you want and build up a battle plan. I dunno where this uncomfortable talk is coming from.
    You said "I STILL don't feel comfortable with any of these weapons yet..." If you're not comfortable with something, it's not a huge stretch to say you're uncomfortable with it. So I decided to crack a joke with some slightly far-fetched weapons you could blanch at.

I was going to throw in Quad Rod (think 4-way lug wrench that shoots spells), Wookie Bowcaster, and Twin Poleaxe, but I figured that might be a hair too outlandish. Oh, maybe Twin Shields, too. Twice the blocking!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexvrb View Post
    You said "I STILL don't feel comfortable with any of these weapons yet..." If you're not comfortable with something, it's not a huge stretch to say you're uncomfortable with it. So I decided to crack a joke with some slightly far-fetched weapons you could blanch at.

I was going to throw in Quad Rod (think 4-way lug wrench that shoots spells), Wookie Bowcaster, and Twin Poleaxe, but I figured that might be a hair too outlandish. Oh, maybe Twin Shields, too. Twice the blocking!
    Don't you diss twin-shields! I love that concept!

...just waiting for someone to do it right.

Why? It's absolutely useless.

Unless one of the shields has a bladed edge, or a pike on the end or something. Otherwise it's just another stupid impossibly cool anime thing lol

Which wouldn't be a bad thing, but not when everyone is doing it. Which is why Twin Sabers stopped being cool in psu.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

dynasty warriors had two shields.

I'd actually like to see weaponized shields returned... in some way...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Yay! Attack and defense in a single package! x2 for double your fun, their trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    Why? It's absolutely useless.

Unless one of the shields has a bladed edge, or a pike on the end or something. Otherwise it's just another stupid impossibly cool anime thing lol

Which wouldn't be a bad thing, but not when everyone is doing it. Which is why Twin Sabers stopped being cool in psu.
    Targe Shield or Studded buckler > any type of 'knuckles' weapon.

Plus a large heater or SWAT-type shield.

Ultimate Defense + Heavy Close-range melee.

With armor you'd be like a damn armadillo when defending and a charging wall when offensive.

If photon whips can be a viable weapon-type, then a combat shield isn't too far fetched.
    Last edited by Angelo; Sep 10, 2011 at 12:07 AM.