Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alexvrb View Post
    I was going to throw in Quad Rod (think 4-way lug wrench that shoots spells), Wookie Bowcaster, and Twin Poleaxe, but I figured that might be a hair too outlandish. Oh, maybe Twin Shields, too. Twice the blocking!
    Twin Shields? It'd likely end up being something like Gundam F91's Beam Shield Sabers, maybe? It's a mix of twin sabers and twin energy shields. It's PSO, so energy shields aren't out of the question, right? At least, I always thought that they were energy shields, I could be wrong.

Essentially, it's a plane of visible energy jutting out from your forearm that can either be used defensively by holding your arm as though you were mounting a shield on it, or slicing an enemy with its narrow edge like swinging a katarl.

Oh, and there was some Energy Blade-type weapon in one of the older Armored Core games that looked like a shield, but had the blades jutting out from the front. That could be a nice design as well.

I'd be for it.
    Last edited by Alnet; Sep 10, 2011 at 12:22 AM.

Character ID: 中原小麦

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Alnet View Post
    Twin Shields? It'd likely end up being something like Gundam F91's Beam Shield Sabers, maybe? It's a mix of twin sabers and twin energy shields. It's PSO, so energy shields aren't out of the question, right? At least, I always thought that they were energy shields, I could be wrong.

Essentially, it's a plane of visible energy jutting out from your forearm that can either be used defensively by holding your arm as though you were mounting a shield on it, or slicing an enemy with its narrow edge like swinging a katarl.

Oh, and there was some Energy Blade-type weapon in one of the older Armored Core games that looked like a shield, but had the blades jutting out from the front. That could be a nice design as well.

I'd be for it.
    So how is DW:Gundam 3 treating you? Awesome, isn't it?
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    So how is DW:Gundam 3 treating you? Awesome, isn't it?
    The Gundam fan in me is pleased by it. I'll only admit to being a berserk fan of only a few franchises, such as Gundam, Phantasy Star Online/Universe, Castlevania, and so on. Anyhow, I tend to hate Dynasty Warriors games with extreme prejudice, including the first two DWG games. This one I still have some gripes with (such as being yet another game where Quin Mantha is not to scale), but overall, I think it's worth playing if you like Gundam or if you like Dynasty Warriors.

There were some shields in PSO that did something similar to F91's shields, I think. Off the top of my head, Safety Heart comes to mind. In basic form, it's relatively similar. Twin shields would end up being energy shields when in standby and in defensive mode, and the energy sharpens into blades when used as weapons, only to revert back to their original form after a moment. It could even be a substitute for the "twin sabers" class of weaponry if done properly, what with the ability to dual-hand guard and attack like twin sabers have.

It's a spectacularly silly idea, and I by no means expect this to ever be implemented in any game ever, but then again, they have arm-mounted blades that are attached by wires now, so you never really know what to expect.

Character ID: 中原小麦

Game looks great!! Loving the way they made Rangers.
    TEAM >EP3< FTW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    Targe Shield or Studded buckler > any type of 'knuckles' weapon.

Plus a large heater or SWAT-type shield.

Ultimate Defense + Heavy Close-range melee.

With armor you'd be like a damn armadillo when defending and a charging wall when offensive.

If photon whips can be a viable weapon-type, then a combat shield isn't too far fetched.

I dont see how a photon whip could be plasuable in absolutely any kind of situation, ever in life ever in existance. I can see you killing yourself eons before you killed your enemy.

2 Shields, you're on complete defense while fighting some guy who will ridiculously outrange you. He'll probably never hit you, but you'll definitely never hit him. A sword goes in the other hand for a reason.

Dynasty Warriors is the shittiest game ever invented
    Last edited by Serephim; Sep 11, 2011 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    I dont see how a photon whip could be plasuable in absolutely any kind of situation, ever in life ever in existance. I can see you killing yourself eons before you killed your enemy.

2 Shields, you're on complete defense while fighting some guy who will ridiculously outrange you. He'll probably never hit you, but you'll definitely never hit him. A sword goes in the other hand for a reason.

Dynasty Warriors is the shittiest game ever invented
    I think with 2 shields you could overwhelm the enemy, but I could only see that working well in a duel and not any sort of battlefield.

As for Photon Whips, I also thought they were ridiculous, but that didn't keep them from being in PSU. Though to be fair they, and their Photon Arts were based on the Indian Urumi.

I don't know why you're trying to bring any realism into this at all. The series has had Slicers since before PSO and that shit is just unbelievably ridiculous.

By your logic the game would just be dominated by RAs because in real life you'd have to be an idiot to use a sword instead of a gun, and magic isn't real.
    Last edited by Angelo; Sep 11, 2011 at 12:51 AM.

Waiting for the day when guns become borderline useless and swords become the new thing again. Like haveing to go in for armor weak points unless you were a sniper I guess. Then we have air strikes and tanks and C4 and claymores and sooner or later spaceships unless we don't find a new way to power our stuff and go into dark ages 2.0....
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Sep 11, 2011 at 01:26 AM.

It's gonna be really hard to create a melee weapon that can dish out more damage than a gun, and more efficiently. (search youtube for videos of what a .50 Calibur round can do to things....let alone people. *shudder*)

For instance, Star Wars. The only reason im sure Jedi use lightsabers instead of guns is because nothing in the path of the blade is still there after the attack. (that and rule of cool) But of course, the smarter thing to do with Lightsaber technology would be to create a long-range version of it.

Whatever, with a sword you have your own fate in your own hands, but the death is going to be far, far more painful. I'd honestly rather get shot than get sliced up and bleed out.
    Last edited by Serephim; Sep 11, 2011 at 03:15 AM.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Here are the gameplay parts of the Alpha Show videos 2 and 3

PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

slowpoke.jpg

edit: oh, does he not have them on the first post?