Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

I told you some people like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Wow, this came out of nowhere. What are you referring to, exactly? It's true, but, what topic are we on? Sorry, I just don't know how to continue.

Thanks for the compliment, Serephim. I rarely get those nowadays, it's nice when I do.
    Just to be clear though, you don't think a FOnewearl is a magical girl because she doesn't demand a ton of attention? That's an angle I haven't thought of before, it is true that the typical one does have a billboard on their chest. Still, I'm not getting a strong argument against their being a magic girl, just an argument for them being one of the best damn magic girls you've ever seen (by virtue of them being refreshingly modest in their flamboyancy).

Something you'll notice about me, especially as I coup around this forum. I love to argue for the sake of arguing. I dislike emotional outbursts, insults, and overall giving people a bad day. But I love the sport of testing people's opinions to the point of breaking or until new ones are forged in me. I also like testing myself, seeing how much stress I can take before breaking down myself.
    So what does that make me? A tea-troll? Or perhaps just really bored?

This kinda made me chuckle.
    Yeah thats why i said ill actually pay attention you now because youre worth listening to. Theres a difference between an argument and a flame war. But i dont expect people here to get that.

Edit: oh forgot to elaborate, i meant that even if Fonewearl is a "magical girl" it doesn't bother me because the show she's in (in this case videogame) isn't focused around "magicial girls". It's focused around the fighters and their goal. Now, i dont really care what she is.

It's fine to have a super buff guy, a loli, a magical girl, a sephiroth, and a vash the stampede all in one show. They just cant make up the whole show you know?
    Last edited by Serephim; Sep 8, 2011 at 12:25 AM.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Mm... I like to make sure people truly believe in what they say they believe in, and if they don't, I'd like to think I helped them find some greater truth in the matter. And if it turns out they're right, then even better, as it cements their faith, and I get knowledge to boot.
    If that's the same as busting people's chops over their views, then I suppose I do enjoy doing that.

So, um, you gonna stop calling crescent kicks roundhouses, then? Please? It'll make my life so much nicer.

Glad I haven't argued with you. Let alone most people besides mich-man. Those are never serious though.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I don't think the way fonewearl fights is exactly weird though, especially not when it's set to be a normal way to fight in said universe.

As for looks... Post PSO mahou shoujo for sure, But PSO's still feels more like a coincidence, possibly because magical girls were still for girls back then. Then she dresses weird... but it's still not the right kind of cute-weird to be exact. If anything she looks kinda freaky... That face paint.

She just feels way more like an RPG character, than a Mahou Shoujo character to me. If anything she reminds me more of that little girl from seiken densetsu 3 minus the baggy clown pants.

edit: damn typo about fighting...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    Glad I haven't argued with you. Let alone most people besides mich-man. Those are never serious though.
    I'll catch you one of these days, and I'll make you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    I don't think the way fonewearl fights is exactly weird though, especially not when it's set to be a normal way to fight in said universe.

As for looks... Post PSO mahou shoujo for sure, But PSO's still feels more like a coincidence, possibly because magical girls were still for girls back then. Then she dresses weird... but it's still not the right kind of cute-weird to be exact. If anything she looks kinda freaky... That face paint.

She just feels way more like an RPG character, than a Mahou Shoujo character to me. If anything she reminds me more of that little girl from seiken densetsu 3 minus the baggy clown pants.

edit: damn typo about fighting...
    Hm... I'm finding it rather hard to disagree with you now. Certain combinations of FOnewearl did give off a creepy, tribal look. Face paint, unorthodox clothing, potent fighting power... Seen in the right light it does disrupt that cutesie look normally associated with, what did you call them, Mahou Shoujos? My view on what makes a magical girl is rather loose, simply equating to some sort of wand, magical abilities, and outlandish clothing, so it's rather hard to get to the core definition and see for sure if FOney fits or not.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Sep 8, 2011 at 12:29 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Yoshi doesn't argue with people, he's the popcorn eating type.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Potato chips are a superior snack.
    did it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post

Hm... I'm finding it rather hard to disagree with you now. Certain combinations of FOnewearl did give off a creepy, tribal look. Face paint, unorthodox clothing, potent fighting power...
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I loved Fonewearl. It had that unorthodox feeling that the rest of the characters had with a little bit more personality behind it, similar to Fonewm.

It's also worth noting, if you look at the official artwork, the artist never really drew Fonewearl looking very "young". She looked quite mature, if not a bit height challenged.

This is why you never fall for the hype. And as usual the marketing info cycle is so broken as always.