Default Buying the game in a few days.

Hey guys, I'm going to be picking this game up when the defender's pack releases. I've played PSO since the dreamcast so I'm no stranger to the game. What level should I stay offline till? I know this game has been out for some time so I assume everyone is mostly 100+ right?

How is the population? I mean can I hop online whenever and usually find a game or two going?

Thanks for the info
    PSO V2: HUmar lvl 186. Kirin
    PSO GC: HUmar lvl 193. Kirin
    PsPo2:

Level 60 is probably your best bet. Online mode is filled with parties such as, "looking for gf", "gurls ONLY", "chat", "relax" etc. in most cases, it's hard to find a party that's just playing.

When you do go online, watch out for possible hackers as they can mess with your character data, by making you instantly 200, level 0, or messing up your type levels.

And yes, most of the "community" is about 100, but there are some from the demo days that are at level 15 and spend all their time chatting/cybering.

Edit: Here's what the current community looks like at around this time:

Avoid colored party names or people with colored names in general.
    Last edited by blace; Sep 17, 2011 at 03:09 PM.

judging from the screen shots thread, there's a decent sized group of friends who post up and do missions together, so maybe I can hang with them once I get my levels up a bit.

I remember hackers back in the Dreamcast days...that was real hacking, not this lvl 200 and unlimited rares crap lol
    PSO V2: HUmar lvl 186. Kirin
    PSO GC: HUmar lvl 193. Kirin
    PsPo2:

Some use the vents and chats posted throughout the PSP board, look for a link to some of those and see if you can party with them.

I mostly join whatever party is actually playing, instead of playing house/chat/role play/cyber etc. But that's at 3am MST.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Some use the vents and chats posted throughout the PSP board, look for a link to some of those and see if you can party with them.
    Or you could do it my way and lurk... lurk... and lurk some more... 'Til a playing party who doesn't have that last spot reserved shows up!
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin^^ View Post
    judging from the screen shots thread, there's a decent sized group of friends who post up and do missions together, so maybe I can hang with them once I get my levels up a bit.

I remember hackers back in the Dreamcast days...that was real hacking, not this lvl 200 and unlimited rares crap lol
    I wouldn't mind running with you, I have a level 20-something Hunter along with my Vanguard.

I actually just picked this up. I'm only Lvl. 3. New to online Phantasy Star, but I have played the originals. I would love to make some runs and work on my level. Tis an excellent game, but online.....

eh...

By the way, you just witnessed my first post on here!

Quote Originally Posted by KillerSpecialK View Post
    I actually just picked this up. I'm only Lvl. 3. New to online Phantasy Star, but I have played the originals. I would love to make some runs and work on my level. Tis an excellent game, but online.....

eh...

By the way, you just witnessed my first post on here!
    Welcome to the forums.