Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question Im sure has been asked before.

Hey guys...

Situation is this... I just bought 2 copies of this game from gamestop, one used, one new... no manuals. I bought these for my girlfriend and I while we are driving across country to play together at night.

So since I didn't have a manual... I now cannot play this with my girlfriend even though we are RIGHT next to each other... both playing brand new (according to gamestop) copies of this game... because i don't have a code.. or my PS3 with us (for adhoc mode)

So what? I just bought 2 copies of this game and now i have to go buy 2 more off the PSN to get online so we can play together?

I am really bummed out about this... is there ANYTHING we can do to make this work without buying another 2 copies of this?

The copies from Gamestop although they were marked "new" they didn't have boxes or manuals... I am now assuming somewhere down the line someone stole the manuals for the code....

What can I do here?

You don't need to use the code's to play online so your fine.

return to gamestop and explain to them they didnt come with manuals, especially the new one. you have 1 week to return them for full refunds

you guys are giving me 2 different answers here.

so i don't need the codes to play online? How do i get set up to play with my girlfriend? I don't need or want to play online with the rest of the world, just her.

If I cannot get this setup then yes I will be returning them to gamestop.

another question... is there pdf or high res jpegs of the actual manual somewhere? I looked online for it but couldn't find it.

It would be nice to have a copy of the manual.
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 15, 2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Merge

Ad hoc/Multiplayer is the mode you're looking for, it allows you to play with people that are within your immediate vacinity.

Online Multiplayer is as it sounds, for online play. The code that was originally created to block out people that downloaded the game illegally, was never implemented, so you're free to jump online using wifi if you so wanted.
    Last edited by blace; Sep 15, 2011 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by durabo View Post
    you guys are giving me 2 different answers here.

so i don't need the codes to play online? How do i get set up to play with my girlfriend? I don't need or want to play online with the rest of the world, just her.

If I cannot get this setup then yes I will be returning them to gamestop.
    At this moment in time you do not need the codes to play online and its been like for about 8 months now (maybe more).

Its highly unlikely you would need them in the future seeing how Sega US/EU hasn't supported the server at all. Once you have signed into the server create a room and your good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi-chan View Post
    At this moment in time you do not need the codes to play online and its been like for about 8 months now (maybe more).

Its highly unlikely you would need them in the future seeing how Sega US/EU hasn't supported the server at all. Once you have signed into the server create a room and your good to go.
    Make that a year.

And he asked how could he play with just his girlfriend locally.

The things people interpret are just astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Make that a year.

And he asked how could he play with just his girlfriend locally.

The things people interpret are just astounding.
    I got confused with him asking about code and just assumed he was going to play online with his GF. Sorry

so the adhoc mode is the one i want? I can use that to play just with her while we are traveling? I ask this because a quick google mentioned something about the adhoc mode using my PS3 as a server....?

My PS3 is at home. I am a couple thousand miles away... so now what?

Sorry, I really am not a complete noob with this stuff, I just rarely play PSP and this will be the first time I have used it to play multiplayer style.

Lastly, So where in the actual game do I go to get hooked up online? I don't have a manual and I don't see an option at the title screen for playing online.

God, I am amazed that I can't figure this out

the 2 games will just connect to each other when runing local multi-mode. no PS3 required

you will need to run story mode till you finish getting the char to Clad 6 for the first time in game, maybe after 1 open mission as well. after that you can access Online Multi-mode and local Muliti-mode afterwards
    Last edited by SirChazz23; Sep 15, 2011 at 03:48 PM.